AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gentleman from this forum informed me of a great deal on a HDTV decoder. I was wondering on how long it others to receive any similar orders from them. They seem to be a decent sized regional chain. The deal was too good to pass up. I'm trying to figure out the turn around time.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I bought a Yamaha receiver from them and they did an internet price match, so I saved about $200. They have great service and good prices so far, at least in Salem, OR. They do seem willing to "barter".

------------------

"I want my HDTV Set!"

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wooderson:
A gentleman from this forum informed me of a great deal on a HDTV decoder. I was wondering on how long it others to receive any similar orders from them. They seem to be a decent sized regional chain. The deal was too good to pass up. I'm trying to figure out the turn around time.
Was it the dst-3000 toshiba? I was looking into that too because of the great price. But i decided to order from somewhere else. I called all the stores and only one sales guy is willing to deal with shipping a unit. He is on vacation and to top it off they are out of stock on that stb. They don't order over the internet and you have to send a money order to them first. It sounds like a long turnaround time to me. I want it before my upcoming calibration. Plus, I had so many troubles with the panny that i am sending it back. If I had to do that with the tosh i think it would be a major pain through video only.

try dynadirect.com they have a good price and a shipping special going.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I bought an analog TV from a local store here outside Seattle. The prices are pretty good as posted and they do haggle, but opened goods can only be returned for store credit, not a refund. Thus, you better make sure you know what you're buying. It's a little bit of a used car sales atmosphere is the best way that I can describe it. However, I haven't heard or seen anything to lead me to beleive that they are anything other than honest.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I have dealt with Video Only locally for many years (not sure exactly, at least ten). They are not a high-end AV store but they do specialize in TV's (with plenty of HDTV's, direct view and RPTV but no FPTV that I've ever seen), camcorders, DVD, VCR, and low-to-mid range home theater audio systems.

I have never heard of any mail order or web order capability on their part. They are a west coast regional chain that started in Seattle.

I have had excellent service from them over the years. Twice I've had to exchange a recently purchased item, one that suffered from infant mortality and one that had cosmetic scars inside the sealed carton. They exchanged both no questions asked. Their stated policy is 30 day like-for-like exchange as I recall.

I don't see any advantage to ordering from them unless you are local and can visit their showrooms. They typically have all of their HD sets lined up in order of screen size with a mix of vendors. This arrangement makes side-by-side comparisons very easy, and they definitely encourage you to understand the feature differences and then compare with your eyes and ears. They do a reasonable job of adjusting the display room sets "down" from the hot factory settings. They display true component-fed HD signals from a set-top box that can receive DirecTV and OTA and distribute to all of the HD sets equally.

All of this does not help much with your original question of ordering remotely from them. But, if you are local, its not a bad place to compare sets. I have never paid the asking price there, even though their asking prices are some of the lowest around.

They are definitely a cut above BB and CC in terms of knowledge and ability to demonstrate their products.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.