AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems to me that I used to own a LD copy of this movie some years ago. Then about a month ago, my girlfriend and I just happened to talk about this movie. She wanted to check it out and I thought it would be fun. During my normal research of PQ of the DVD versions I read that the quality was only average...

http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3?soeg=r1&mvis=ok

(Best place IMHO due to the fact you can type in one movie title and get up to 10 or more DVD reviews...many that talk a lot about the quality of the transfer).

Since there was no American review of this title, I had to click on "ALL" (regions)

Anyways, someone pointed out the April list of HD movies on HBO and I was really interested seeing that Body Double was listed. We plan to watch the later showing of this movie in about a couple weeks from now. In the meantime, last night I had the chance to check out a scene here and there and I was amazed at the quality. Much of it was about the quality of Pulp Fiction (without the hack job).

I was a little worried that the quality was not going to be too good since the review of the DVD (that I read) mentioned the somewhat poor quality of the transfer. HBO must have used a recently transferred HD master since I thought the picture quality was stunning and very tightly in focus...the way it was shot on film and not soft at all like what was reported from the DVD version of it.

· Registered
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Thebarnman
It seems to me that I used to own a LD copy of this movie some years ago. Then about a month ago, my girlfriend and I just happened to talk about this movie. She wanted to check it out and I thought it would be fun. During my normal research of PQ of the DVD versions I read that the quality was only average...

http://www.dvd-basen.dk/uk/home.php3?soeg=r1&mvis=ok

(Best place IMHO due to the fact you can type in one movie title and get up to 10 or more DVD reviews...many that talk a lot about the quality of the transfer).

Since there was no American review of this title, I had to click on "ALL" (regions)

Anyways, someone pointed out the April list of HD movies on HBO and I was really interested seeing that Body Double was listed. We plan to watch the later showing of this movie in about a couple weeks from now. In the meantime, last night I had the chance to check out a scene here and there and I was amazed at the quality. Much of it was about the quality of Pulp Fiction (without the hack job).

I was a little worried that the quality was not going to be too good since the review of the DVD (that I read) mentioned the somewhat poor quality of the transfer. HBO must have used a recently transferred HD master since I thought the picture quality was stunning and very tightly in focus...the way it was shot on film and not soft at all like what was reported from the DVD version of it.
I thought it looked great! I was supprised by the PQ!

Weird how certain movies have the HD treatment and some do not.. Like 5th Element...

· Registered
3,733 Posts
I can't get the schedule up on my system is this going to air again?

· Registered
597 Posts
Body double showings

Fri 4/4 02:35 AM HBO SIGNATURE - EAST

Tue 4/8 04:05 AM HBO - EAST

Tue 4/8 04:05 AM HBO High Definition - EAST

Tue 4/8 04:05 AM HBO LATINO - EAST

Thu 4/17 01:55 AM HBO SIGNATURE - EAST

Fri 4/25 02:35 AM HBO - EAST

Fri 4/25 02:35 AM HBO High Definition - EAST

Fri 4/25 02:35 AM HBO LATINO - EAST

Mon 4/28 01:00 AM HBO SIGNATURE - EAST

Thu 5/15 03:45 AM HBO2 - EAST

Sat 5/31 01:05 AM HBO2 - EAST

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Fifth Element looks nearly HD with the Superbit DVD version. Which is probably why they don't want to show an HD version just yet.

They want you to buy that DVD. Which would be my recommendation, btw, since it is about the best PQ I have ever seen on and DVD.

· Registered
3,733 Posts
bummer I don't get out of the hospital in time to record or see it :( nice to see a little older film get shown in hd though. thanks for teh schedule

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.