AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not just that it's been so cold here in New England this winter that I assume it has to be freezing everywhere...

But I could have sworn I saw the phrase "Academy Award Nominee Sofia Coppola" in today's paper.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Roddey
It's for her directing I would think, not for her acting. Her recent movie is getting a lot of respect.
She's nominated for the screenplay as well-- I think... :confused:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, when they come out with the single disc version of Godfather III this year, could the cover really read..

Staring

Academy Award Nominees Talia Shire and Andy Garcia,

Academy Award Winners Al Pacino and Diane Keaton,

And Two Time Academy Award winner Sofia Coppola

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Lost in Translation and Virgin Suicides are both good films, so the oscar nod is deserved. As for her acting, it's so-so, but I think she gets a worse rep that she deserves in Godfather 3 just because she's the director's daughter.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dugpa
Lost in Translation and Virgin Suicides are both good films, so the oscar nod is deserved. As for her acting, it's so-so, but I think she gets a worse rep that she deserves in Godfather 3 just because she's the director's daughter.
yeah, it was in fashion to trash her back in '90, and that carried on thru the years in ridiculous disproportion to reality. the tho i think Winona Ryder gave a worse, more mis-cast performance in Alien Ressurection (the connection here being that Ryder had to bow out of G3, which is why Sofia stepped in- Ryder at the time being the overrated "it" young actress).

come to think of it, Al Pacino is an overrated scene chewing hack much of the time, but he doesn't get slammed near as hard as that poor kid did.

haven't seen LIT yet, but looking forward to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.