2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am refereing to picture quality only.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I quickly compared Courage Under Fire, and it looks a bit sharper on Blu-Ray than my D-theater copy. Fine picture detail is more evidant on the transfer. Might be the fact that my PS3 is connected with HDMI and my JVC deck with component. Sound seems a bit fuller on the Blu-Ray version.

Marc.

·
Registered
326 Posts
So Marc, Re: Courage. is the barely detectable amounts of EE on the previous D-Theater edition not in the BD version?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Great topic! While I've never seen D-Theater in person I have certianly heard a lot of raving about it. I'm curious to hear from those who have now seen the DVHS and BD versions as well.

randosel: Love your sig!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randosel /forum/post/0

So Marc, Re: Courage. is the barely detectable amounts of EE on the previous D-Theater edition not in the BD version?

On my way home from work now. Will give it a better look and report back soon.

Marc.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe we can get Kris Deering to chime in.
He always refers to the D-Theater counterpart in his hd-dvd and blu-ray reviews.

I sold my D-Theater copies of these two films in anticipation of their blu-ray releases. The D-Theater tapes seemed a hair more detailed but my memory is poor regarding things like this.
From now on I will keep my tapes so I can compare them even though the tapes value goes down around the discs release date.

Tom

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by randosel /forum/post/0

Yep, it looks like it's there in the BD version too. Just barely detectable EE, but still there.

On a positive note, the Fox Trivia Tracks are pretty interesting to see with movies like this!

Marc.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It dont surprise me that another transfer was not done. Looks like TCFHV have yet to remaster any of the content that had minor problems... that was previous released on D-Theater.

Thanks for your time Marc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.