AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
The only mini-ITX boards that I have seen were all via eden based. Check out those memory scores... 533MHz cpu performing slowering than the 1st generation cacheless celeron on 66MHz bus. I'm skeptical that that solution would be sufficient for even dvd-playback without the assistance of a dvd-decoder card.

Leo

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
The same case is sold here with MOBO that says it takes a 370 up to 1 GHz

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
 http://www.freetech.com/u.s.a/1product-2-p6f135.htm

Well it is almost there. If it had integrated ATI graphics I would say this would be the board.

Add a 150W 1U power supply, a right angle PCI adapter, HDTV card of choice and a 1U aluminum case. Machine a front cover, with cutouts for DVD and VFD and power, rig an on off button, add a VFD, a keyspan remote and the USB volume knob in the case, strip down an XP embedded OS and write the software to connect the knob, the VFD and all the functions. Voila.

So simple (grin)

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
The same case is sold here with MOBO that says it takes a 370 up to 1 GHz

Case Depot

·
Registered
8 Posts
kkrul,
Here's another case which looks like it already has the slot you're talking about. Not much more information though and it looks like this company doesn't have any U.S. presence.

One thing with these cases is that they only accept a thin DVD-ROM. These are the ones that have special connectors but I have seen a IDE converter for them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.