AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm close to getting the Panny L300U LCD FP...however, a dealer said that DVI interfaces are touchy, and even though the ATI 9800 has DVI and the Panny has DVI, it doesn't mean they're going to work.

I'm looking to use a HTPC to watch DVD's and play PC games, and wanting to use the DVI connection.

Is anyone currently using this set up? If so, how is it working, and how is the PC image (since the Panny's resolution is 950x520 (or something like that))....

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how's the computer image on that? (specifically games!). Can I assume you play DVD's through the HTPC?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi, I would not recommend using DVI as your primary input. With DVI, you cannot achieve any of the "AA" resolutions. The sweet spot on the 300u is in HDTV50/60 mode and you can only achieve these via VGA or Component.

·
Registered
376 Posts
9800 dvi (at least with 3.7 drivers) seems to suffer from scaling problems, even if you are outputting at your display's native resolution it seems to be scaling the image anyway. I really wish they would fix this as I can't live without DVI.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the AE500 just (hopefully) months away, I think I'm going to hold off on the 300 and get the 500. I really want to make sure my HTPC's video card works with the FP smoothly, w/o workarounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.