AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe its me, but I was looking for more HDMI 1.3 receivers, a new set of high end bookshelves, the final news on the new Ultra Sub from SVS, many more 1080P plasmas, more 1080P projectors, etc. I was happy to see the sole HD-DVD/BluRay player, but where's the beef?

·
Read the FAQ!
36,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92TripleBlack /forum/post/0

Maybe its me, but I was looking for more HDMI 1.3 receivers, a new set of high end bookshelves, the final news on the new Ultra Sub from SVS, many more 1080P plasmas, more 1080P projectors, etc. I was happy to see the sole HD-DVD/BluRay player, but where's the beef?

Heavens no! The REAL disappointment comes about 6 months from now when you start to find out what companies are actually shipping compared to what they wanted you to believe they would be shipping! (grin!)

Actually this market is moving so fast that I think you are going to see more than the usual number off "out of cycle" product releases this year -- good new products, perthaps even GREAT new products, that are released even though they weren't ready for public disclosure at CES.

--Bob

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Worst CES that I can remember. It's like they ran out of ideas or something. Not even any vaporware.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92TripleBlack /forum/post/0

Have you been to the AV123 site yet? There's some information released on a "beefier" X-LS that should be shipping in May. Wave-guide tweeter, XBL^-based technology woofer, etc. The price is supposed to be about $399.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not really interested in the $300 range of speakers. I was looking more $750 each. But what I really wanted was the AVRs.

And you made my point by saying things are off-cycle. The result is nothing now and dribs and drabs for the year.

Bottomline, it seemed like universal remotes and some 3 ton Denon setup, and 1080P Plasmas from a couple makers were the only mildly interesting things out there.

·
Registered
14,091 Posts
Much of the good stuff was announced at CEDIA and regurgitated at CES. CES is losing its edge for home theater and custom type gear.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I also live in Vegas and have gone the past few years. This was by far the worst ever. No Alxis Park for relaxing with "high end". Just getting around was a super pain in the "single ended input".

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /forum/post/0

Carbo... what? the Samsung AVR-3000 wasn't there?

They couldn't even muster this type of exciting product.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.