AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe these edge lit led tvs need a break in period. Massaging the screen and just giving it a few weeks has eliminated my uniformity issues. Day one I could seeit in broad day light. Now I can only see faint flashlights with the backlight cranked and in a pitch black room. Uniformity is now very close to perfect. This is in a samsung UN55d6000.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Really? I haven't done anything rad like massaging the screen of mine (Sony EX 720) and only tinkered with the settings. I believe that it does have a break-in period and the clouding level will vary from time to time.

My former sets actually became WORSE as time went by.

My EX 720 has flashlighting on the corners and uniformity issues but I'm giving it enough time to really "break in". Maybe 6 months.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
My Sony KDL-60EX700 did after about 3 months.

It was pretty bad during dark scenes and then one day it just vanished.

·
Registered
33,823 Posts
Hey, why not, I've had my viewing angles improve on my 929 since I got it. I would not have thought that possible, but seeing is believing. I had gotten a decided pinkish cast to the screen at off-angles and that's pretty much gone away.

I don't know if it's the glue that bonds the Gorilla Glass in my case, or if it's something else that 'sets' over time. I guess these displays are like a fine wine, they improve with age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts