AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 59pn7000 plasma a couple weeks ago. I love the tv, but I needed a new receiver with 1.4a hdmi inputs to replace my Yamaha v663 that I really like. So looking for a receiver I notice that the Pioneer 1021k comes with free Klipsch rf-42 speakers on newegg. That was awesome, I have had my cambridge soundworks 5.1 speaker system for like 15 years. The speakers sound great, but always wanted a REAL speaker.

So before I place the order, I see the Klipsch rf-52s and do some research. Of course I see some post saying that you need to upgrade to the 52, cause the 42 sucks compared to those. Ok maybe I will buy the 52s(on sale pretty cheap) and a different receiver. Then....I read about the RF-62's......Gotta get those because the 52's suck compared to those. Ok its only a couple hundred more, don't want to have buyers remorse. I bought them of course. So now I need a center channel too. I found an rc-62 for $200 and bought it.

Go to buy the receiver and its not on sale. I see the 1121-k that comes with a klipsch 12" sub. Its $799, for both. Can't pass that up.

So now I went from paying $550 for speakers and receiver. To $799 for receiver/sub., $600 for fronts and $200 for the center. So the $550 I was iffy about spending, turned into $1600. Wow wtf my head is still spinning. But got awesome deals.

I can't wait to set these up, please tell me I am going to be happy. I'd imagine if I was happy with the Cambridge soundworks I have now, I will LOVE these new speakers. Can't wait to hear my lossless blu rays!!

Speakers I have now.

( http://www.epinions.com/elec_Home_Sp...splay_~reviews )

Bought Klipsch synergy S1 for the rears a little while ago. and use the Cambridge sub now.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Eh, you'll wish you got the RF-82.

Just kidding. That is a great system, you're really going to love it. In the same vein, I jumped on a pair of Polk R30s back in the day for $45 each, just cause the price was so low for a pair of good speakers. I didn't have anything to plug them into, so I need to find a receiver.... three months later, I have the matching center, a DIY monster sonosub, the R15 rears, and a 50" plasma

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, don't think I didn't look at those and the RF-7's(till I saw the price!!). Glad the 82's weren't on sale!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts