AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the seleco HT200DM an I am running a HTPC at native rate 800x600 @60hz.

I am getting a line that starts at the top and moves down and repeats itself. If I change to a higher refresh rate the line doubles in speed.

It was running perfect until now.

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't own the machine, so can't give any specific advice. However, I would like to ask if you happened to change the plug outlet, or the connections, before you began to notice the problem?

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
As am I...I was going to propose some type of ground loop/interference...but if you changed nothing...well then, it can only be the projector. Does the line occur on all inputs, or just one?

------------------

David Mendicino

Sharp xv-s55u (Don't laugh) :)

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it out.

I used powerstrip to try different settings and when I changed my polarity from + to - it fixed the problem.

------------------

Alan Gouger

www.avscience.com

·
Registered
835 Posts
Have you tried passing it a native widescreen signal from your HTPC? (848*480, I believe) I think that would be interesting to see rather than sending it 800*600. The driving circuits natively support 848*480 input, I wonder if you could get a better picture by using that resolution?

Regards,

Kam Fung

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Alan:

I can't tell you how gratified I am to see this thread.

It's so nice to know that someone with your level of expertise can also "fix" their equipment while trying to improve the performance.

I do it all the time with my computers.

:)

Bob L.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Your horizontal line problem sounds like a problem I've been having with my Epson Powerlite 5000XB projector and my HTPC. I've been messing around with powerstrip too. Can you give me more specific information about how you corrected the problem? Is it in the "Display Profiles" under "Advanced Timing Options" and then "Synchronization"? Did you set both horizontal and vertical sync to "-"?

While troubleshooting this problem, I was playing around with Powerstrips "gamma" settings. They were not having any effect on the Power DVD window. Everything on the screen was getting lighter and darker as I made big swings in gamma, but the DVD image in the window stayed the same. Another forum users said there is a box you have to check to have Powerstrip have effect on the DVD window, but I'm not sure how to do it.

Any advice will be appreciated on both issues.

·
Premium Member
16,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a follow up to anyone with this vertical tearing

changing the sync polarity from positve to nagative fixed the problem.

I now have a solid picture.

KFung

I will try that resolution but I am using an anamorphic lens so I think I would benifit more from a setting of 848x600 using this lens. Your feedback on this.

------------------

Alan Gouger

www.avscience.com

·
Registered
835 Posts
Alan,

Oh that's right, you have an anamorphic. I'd be interested to see if there's any difference if you go with 848*480 with no anamorphic lens. I wonder what would happen if you input 848*600 as you suggest...

Regards,

Kam Fung

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.