AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the first 5 or so minutes after powerup, my Marantz has always emitted a high (around 10KHz) oscillating whine. It gradually goes away during the first few minutes, and is independent of PJ inputs.

Anyone else hear this? It doesn't seem to get any better or worse, so I assume it's not fortelling of anything major.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
The only whine I hear is the colorwheel speeding up then syncing - this occurs in the 1st minute and then the powerdown where the color wheel starts slowing down - that is it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wouldn't be to concerned about it. I have 750 hours on my projector and mine has always made a small whine at startup, and a louder whine during shut-down. The only real fault I have had is the flickering problem. The flickering seems to have no real pattern. Sometimes I notice it and sometimes I don't. The flickering is definitely more prevalent during normal TV viewing on S-video. But it occurs sometimes during movies via component and sometimes on RGB with HD. It is bothersome, but I am sure there will be a fix at some point.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Startup and shutdown only. It shouldn't last five minutes, though. Roughly 45 seconds to one minute, then almost silent.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Anthony, 750 hours??!?? Already??!!? Dude, you must not sleep ;) Wow, if you was watching DVDs you would have watched 375 of them and this unit has only been out about 4 months means you would be watching 3 DVDs / day (roughly) every day. You da' man! :D

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Either that or he leaves it on all the time like a dealer!

My experience is like victor and mike - about a minute at start up and shut down.

TM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.