AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically, the idea that the whole game came down to a coin toss when they draw rocks from the bag was utterly ridiculous to me and 100% counter to everything they've ever done on Survivor.

I can handle twists. I can handle turns. I can handle anything except a completely random choice of who leaves. It just didn't make any sense.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Chewbaka is a wookie. That just don't make sense!

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
It just didn't make any sense.
It's television....it doesn't have to make sense. :)

-Gary

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yeah, but there's a thing about fate; If Paschal had still been on the island when he collapsed he would have been in worse shape than he was. Collapsing from dehydration would have been less fun with no food/water and no immediate medical care.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
They bond, they loose focus, can't make the tough decisions, reminds me of Colby, he had it made and gave it away. I'd probably do the same...

Hey, I loved Chewbaka, I been known to bleet like him when I'm road raging round town, after a good cut-off. Now JarJar, that makes NO sense! Jabba will always be my fave.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I've been quite fascinated with the last two seasons of Survivor, not so much for what the players have been doing, but for what the producers have been doing to try to keep the players off balance.

Old formula: Team vs team. Strongest team at the merge spends n weeks picking off members of the weaker team. Therefore, don't bother watching the middle N episodes, because it's pretty clear what's going to happen.

That's why they do the team shuffle after a couple of weeks, and that's why they changed the tie-breaker rules. For that matter, did no one else think it sort of interesting that they scheduled the "popularity contest" challenge when they did? It very clearly laid bare the alliances and their plans, and were it not for that challenge, we'd have seen the arrogant whiners in the final four instead.

Unfortunately, each season of the show has the people acting more and more decently... at least in the end. I mean, there are always a few whiney slackers to lose in the early weeks (if we're lucky). I knew that the putrid selfish malevolence that so attracted me to the first season was gone when Colby pissed away $900,000 just because he didn't want to break his word. (Only partially compensated for when he said he had a conjugal visit with his mother.)

And on an unrelated note, I sure am glad that Wil and Tara didn't win. I quite enjoyed hating them a lot.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
And on an unrelated note, I sure am glad that Wil and Tara didn't win. I quite enjoyed hating them a lot.
Hmm, I liked Tara, but she said herself it was better to lose than for WIL to win :) And I agreed. I wanted the bro/sis team to win myself. Cha Cha Cha had no chance...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Hmm, I liked Tara, but she said herself it was better to lose than for WIL to win :) And I agreed. I wanted the bro/sis team to win myself. Cha Cha Cha had no chance...
Cha cha cha had no chance, but they certainly had style.

But, what is it with Texicans? I mean, yeah, I was pulling for Team Smileys, but first we get Colby on Survivor having a conjugal visit with his mother, then we have Team Smileys on TAR, with the brother talking about how he'd like to marry his sister.

Sheesh. If I was in charge of PR for Texas, I'd start instituting exit visas with really stiff requirements, just to cut down on the embarassment.

But then again, based on my antipathy toward Texas, you'd never guess I'm from Colorado, now would you?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Just remember replaytv comes from CALIFORNIA:)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Well, I certainly remember the "Don't Californicate Colorado" bumper stickers, and hey, Boulder is a halfway house for recovering Californians, but I still remember people hating Texans the most.

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol.. well, I'll give you this:

When I went to CU and Texas A&M came to town, you could hear the chanting all day long..
Quote:
The only thing comin' from Texas is steers and ....

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by toots
Chewbaka is a wookie. That just don't make sense!
Toots, you need a Johnny Cochran smilie for that line I think. ;)

As far as Wil/Tara, both of them are miserable. He's a jerk, she's running a close second. Thank God they didn't win! The Texas team was a bit creepy - marry my sister, give me a back rub, etc. If cha-cha-cha couldn't win, then the Boston boys were the best choice of the three.

(BTW, if you haven't seen it, the best site for this this show and others is http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com - the recaps are a must read for many popular tv shows.)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
She was a shrew, and in the beginning of the show, particularly petty about nearly everything.

Only trouble was that Wil was such an A#1 sphincter that he completely overwhelmed Tara and made her look reasonable by comparison. By the end of the show, I was even feeling sorry for her.

Still, as we used to say when doing couples counseling: We'd better keep those two together. Otherwise, they'll go off and make two other people miserable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.