AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a samsung 931 hooked up to my HT1000.

while i was initally quite startled by the image after calibrating it with Tom the Guitarmans settings, i became disappointed when i couldn't see any noticeable difference between 480p and any of the upconverts.

now that my head has settled a bit, i'm realizing that i can't dismiss how startled i was when i got the picture first dialed in- and that it really doesn't matter if i don't see much difference in anything higher than 480p since i'm probably already at a pinacle anyways.

funny how your mind/expectations colors your thinking.

anyways, is this common, or should i actually be seeing a difference in these other resolutions on my XGA pj- or is any appreciable difference from the 720 setting only going to come from a native 720 pj?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The reason is because the projector itself scales every signal you feed into it's native res (1024x768 is the HT1000's native res, right?).

Whether the DVD player does the scaling or the projector does it is not going to make a major difference to some and won't make any difference to many.

Actually, what your doing is worse in your case. The DVD player scales it from 480p to whatever. Then the projector scales that to XGA. So your actually scaling it twice and making it worse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.