AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally saw my first LCoS screen today, and it happened to be made by Phillips. First impressions, wow what a damn nice picture and this is the future. Then I noticed something odd. It was showing the same standard PBS HD over the air broadcast during non prime time that I've seen many times on other sets... However this time, on this set there was a diagonal tearing of the picture during the fast pans. It is exactly the same type of artifact I see on my laptop when I run emulated arcade games. It has something to do with the specific refresh the emulator 'mame' uses and a LCD type display that doesn't refresh like a CRT display. The tear is sometimes big and sometimes small. Hardly ever in the same place twice in a row. Always diagonal. Only noticable with scrolling.

Anyone else see this anomalie?

-spazzman

·
Registered
661 Posts
I haven't noticed it and I've had the set in my home since 9/12.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The reviewer in S&V magazine who reviewed the Philips LCoS noted tearing artifacts-so your not alone

·
2,432 Posts
Edit: I was obviously wrong about that, Sorry!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Spazz,

I saw this same artifact while watching a Cineos display set at GG a few weeks back, although I didn't describe it quite as well as you when I raised the issue on the original Cineos thread. The Cineos was lined up next to a GWII, with both sets showing the same football feed. When a player would take off running, the white yardage lines on the Cineos would split in half and were separated by at least a couple of inches on the screen. They would not do so on the GWII. Very strange.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
I've seen it mentioned in several reviews now. One would hope that it's one of the issues they have been working on before releasing the second batch of sets.

ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.