AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years back I bought a sheet of the Parkland plastic stuff and noticed it was rather translucent. So to stop losing light out the back, I sprayed a coat of silver on the back and then a layer of black, and it really improved the picture. It made the screen slightly silver and really reflected more light back to the viewer. Unfortunately, when I moved, that screen was lost and I could not find another sheet like it.

Flash forward...

Last week I decided to build a couple smaller screen to put in my kid's play room and my bedroom to use with my DV10, so I bought 2 sheets of the Parkland plastic stuff. The first one was solid and worked well, but then I noticed that the second one was translucent again. I am planning on spraying the back of that one bright silver again and comparing the 2.

Anyone else notice that some parkland boards let light through?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Myself and some others also had the same issues with our Parkland screens way back. There are a bunch of threads from about 4 years ago I was involved in that dealt with painting the back of our parkland screens to help out the picture quality. Of course there were also a bunch of nay-sayers that said there could not be any difference with the silver on the back.

Maybe the sheets came off the line with the same issues (some being more opaque than others) back then that you found out now buying 2 sheets at the same time. That would explain alot of heated arguments that went on back in the day.

Just going back and looking up those old threads to see if they were still in the archive and reading them made me laugh and brought a smile to my face.

Thanks

Rick

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlev /forum/post/14357862

Myself and some others also had the same issues with our Parkland screens way back. There are a bunch of threads from about 4 years ago I was involved in that dealt with painting the back of our parkland screens to help out the picture quality. Of course there were also a bunch of nay-sayers that said there could not be any difference with the silver on the back.

Maybe the sheets came off the line with the same issues (some being more opaque than others) back then that you found out now buying 2 sheets at the same time. That would explain alot of heated arguments that went on back in the day.

Just going back and looking up those old threads to see if they were still in the archive and reading them made me laugh and brought a smile to my face.

Thanks

Rick

I didn't even know that Parkland still made these. Do they, or did I just buy stock that was several years old?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts