AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems maybe I am the last one to place the order,don't know if I can get it.

I placed my order 7/24/01 6:18:24 PM,and got the "Acknowledgement of receipt" mail immediately,got order confirmation mail July 26, 2001 5:24 PM with an order number but no expected ship date.

Since the second mail didn't mention the price at all,I'm not even sure whether I got the $1701 price.

The order status on DELL.COM has been "delivery prep" until I found it changed to "delayed" 7/31,no estimated ship date.

I don't know if this is normal.Should I do something?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Duncken- i ordered over the phone (7/21) and never got any e-mail confirming my order or anything mentioning a ship date. the only thing i got was confirmation that i registered with order watch. that e-mail didn't mention price or shipping either.

called sunday and was told not to expect shipment for 2-3 months.

it supposedly went out today and i got a ups tracking #.

what does all this mean?

i have no idea, and neither does dell, obviously.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have the ups tracking #?Why don't you use it?It seems you'll get it soon.

What's your order number?jinjen said his 7/23 order will arrive soon,the order number is 614-518-4XX

My 7/24 order number is 617659xxx,seems there is still a long way to go.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Ordered 7/23 afternnon. Moved me in delaed status yesterday morning, sent me an e-mail saying shipped last night!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I Ordered on 7/23 also. They called me yesterday and said it would not ship until 8/14. I checked this morning and it shipped last night and will arrive today!

JT

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I ordered 7/24 at 10:29 am. Received order acknowledgement 7/25 but nothing since.

------------------

John
My HT Picts

[This message has been edited by Wireless (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
306 Posts
I ordered vis the phone at about 10AM EST on 7/23. My order number was 614-648xxx. Yesterday I too was on Delayed status and this AM it says that it is ready to be picked up by the shipping company within one business day.

I do not have a UPS number or anything so I assume it will be here Thursday or Friday. WOOO HOOO! I thought this would not work out or that I would have to wait for weeks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I ordered 7/23 afternoon from the business site, but had to fight to get an order number for a week. My order date now reads 7/27 despite the fact that I ordered four days earlier. I have no idea when these are going to ship, although my acknowledgement said they'd go out today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered my LT-150 on 7-23 at 9:30am. Last night my status changed to delayed. I called Dell and was told ship date of 8-14. This morning I got an e-mail that my order had shipped. Checked the status web page and it was updated also. So, I hope to see my projector soon. I'm glad my company is not as screwed up as Dell, I would have to close up!

------------------

Patrick Simon

·
Registered
229 Posts
My order number is 618xxxx, thanks to Dell's wonderful customer support. It will be interesting to see when mine ships.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I also order on 7/24 earlier in the morning over the phone... I was changed to delayed last night. No update since...

Later,

Miles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Order date of 7/23 at 12:30pm CST -- order number 61398xxxx, was delayed yesterday and now is "ready for pickup by shipper within next business day". Interesting to see if it really ships!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Got the same thing, plus a note from the infamous, non-responsive, unhelpful-as-can-be Trevor that there was a 7-10 day backlog from the manufacturer.

[This message has been edited by lmo (edited 08-01-2001).]

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I initially ordered on 7-20 but there was a problem with my CC so they had to redo the order on 7-24. Today I received a order delayed till the 15th notification :-(

·
Registered
471 Posts
I talked to someone at Dell who said they were behind about 250 units... I don't know where that leaves those who ordered on 07/24 but he said there was no ETA (big surprise). It's just a bummer that so many who order the day before received theirs http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

BTW my order number is in the 615 3XX XXX range.

Miles

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I just got a tracking number for my 7/24 order (6159XXXXX). Again, I originally placed my order on 7/21 but they had to cancel that one and make a new one because I had problems with my CC. BTW I too received the delayed till 8/15 email yesterday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My 7/24 order (6176XXXXX)status moved to SHIPPED!The SHIPPED icon now turns green,but still no check mark on it.

"Your order has completed shipping preparation and should be picked up by the carrier within one business day of the ship date, 08/02/01."--support.dell.com

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
congragulations Duncken!

i just got mine this afternoon.

after all the worrying and mis-information and promises of long delays, i actually ended up recieving it a day earlier than the salesman over the phone originally told me to expect it.

hope everybody else gets theirs soon.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.