AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HTPC Media Server is completey filled! Using a D.vine4 case every PCI slot is except the one next to the oversized pipeline heatsink on the Radeon 9600pro Ultimate videocard is used.

AGP Slot and PCI 1: Radeon 9600pro

PCI slot 2: Revolution 7.1

PCI slot 3: Hauppauge PVR 350

PCI slot 4: AccessTV HDTV card

PCI slot 5: WIreless G network card

Whats bad is that the Revolution card AND the AccessTV card both have SPIDF digtal coax output but my Denon 3300 receiver only has one AC3 SPIDF coax input!

So I decided to route the audio from SageTV and AccessTV through the PCI bus and output them out the Revolution 7.1 card analog mini outputs.

WHen using Theater Tek I use the SPIDF coax output to the Denon 3300.

Does anyone else see a problem or have a work around to switch from Theater Tek playing a DVD movie using Rev SPIDF output to using either SageTV or AccessTV playing audio out the Rev analog mini plug outputs?

After playing a TV show in AccessTV then clicking on the POWER OFF button shutting down that program I open Theater Tek to play a movie and the computer would reboot. Crashed. But when we tried to recreate that error later that night it didn't do it. BTW Im using SageTV Audio Renderer set at WAVE. That allowed me to play audio out the Rev using its Analog mini plug outputs.

I can not get SageTV to output any audio through the Rev SPIDF digital coax output. Anyone know how to do this? what settings to use?

any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just learned that most TV stations don't broadcast in DD 5.1 most the time so using the PCI bus to send the audio to the Revolution would be fine. But I would still like to hear DD 5.1 on rare occasions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
stylinlp,

I have a Denon AVR 3300 with an M-audio card and I can't get any sound out of my spdif output. I've taken the same coaxial cable and plugged it into my Sony DVD player and it worked with no problem but when I connect it to my revolution board I get no sound. (windows startup nor mp3's). I contacted M-audio and the tech took me through a number of procedures and he was stumped as well. Any help you could provide would be really appreciated.

Current system is as follows:

Cool Master ATC-600-DX1

MSI KM2M combo (Micro ATX) 1AGP(4x)/3PCI slots

AMD 2100 Athlon XP (fan incl)

WD 120 GB hard drive

Panasonic LF-D321U (DVD-R/Ram Drive)

Quiet 320W PS

Wireless keyboard w/trackball mouse

Theater Tek (DVD/Sound Software)

M-Audio Revolutions

A/O Nvidia Mx 4400 w/TV-out

Powerstrip

Audio Authority 9A60 (transcoder for component video from ATI to TV)

Girder (IR software)

Hauppage 250 tv tuner card

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adaptation

You probably called the wrong tech support. The problem may be with SageTV and Theater Tek. In sage TV under the Audio menu you have to choose the right renderer. I have the same problem too. WHen watching non DD 5.1 tv shows you have to choose waveout. This will send the sound to the mini out analog port on the Revolution. SageTV doesnt do DD 5.1 digital sound at all anway.

With Theater Tek you have to turn on the SPIDF output in the Options menu too. If you ask or search on the Theater Tek forum there is something else to this also.

Hope that helps! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
After getting some quality time with my PC, I spent an hour pulling out boards and configuring the maudio board. I think the WINTV 250 tuner card caused some type of IRQ conflict. Not exactly sure but after configuring the maudio board without the tuner and modem, I got everything to work. I've also re-install everything and it seems to be working quite well. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.