AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using a Scan Do 1024 scan converter to hook my dual 1Ghz G4 up to my 50" GWII. The highest resolution I get is 1024X768 at 75hz. I have to use an S-Video cable but the picture looks great for DVD's, iTunes visuals, pictures, etc..., but I wish the text was a little sharper.

I can't use PowerStrip as I'm running OS X on a Mac with a GeForce4 MX twin view. I was thinking about waiting and getting a Radeon 9700 Pro AIW (for Mac) but then I heard you can get 1280X720 using a DVI cable without any tweaking from a Radeon 9000 Pro? Can anyone confirm this?

I like using the scan converter as I can have both my 19" CRT monitors hooked up and have my HDTV be a mirror of my main monitor. I may end up just investing in a better scan converter that accepts any resolution up to 1600X1280 with component output. There are a few other advantages of using a scan converter like the 2-D flicker filter for sharp text, variable zoom with horizontal and vertical sizing to eliminate overscan/underscan, and I don't have to worry about turning on the TV when I reboot the computer (to sync) as I just leave the scan converter on.

http://www.commspecial.com/scan_do_ultra-spec.htm

http://www.adstech.com/products/HDUP...p?pid=HDUP1500

I wish there was something like the two products above but in one unit with DVI in/out so I could use the PIP with a DVI-HDCP source. Imagine that, a unit that could accept VGA/DVI from a computer or video source along with composite, S-Video, and component and scale it to your HDTV's highest resolution with a variety of PIP modes. Anyone else interested in something like that?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jahlion
II wish there was something like the two products above but in one unit with DVI in/out so I could use the PIP with a DVI-HDCP source. Imagine that, a unit that could accept VGA/DVI from a computer or video source along with composite, S-Video, and component and scale it to your HDTV's highest resolution with a variety of PIP modes. Anyone else interested in something like that?
Getting there: HOLO3DGRAPH-II HDTV Video Processor Card

peace

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If only the Holo3DGraph-II had OS X support I would be interested...

I just saw a Scan Do Ultra go for $763 on eBay last night... I was tempted but I got my HDTV 4 months ago and I'm still broke. Too bad, that scan converter is one of the best and MSRP is $4,995!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3019353077

I wish I had won that one...

I like the computer monitor pass-through and external case with rack-mount in the scan converter. Not to mention you don't have to worry about software drivers. I just wish they would start making these with regular RCA component out as well as DVI in/out. Of course the Betacam BNC component would still be nice if you wanted to record your graphics cards output to a VTR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.