AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been so busy that I am just now upgrading from the RC. Son came in all concerned while I was working on the HTPC. "Dad, my computer says it isn't going to work in 3 days."

Well, I am taking my time though as this is the real deal. Actually using the back up feature this time.

I will say this. I have done these so many times, I feel like a pro. Well, I am going back to school for that as well anyway... but still.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I jumped about a month ago.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As just a minor observation, I liked the other two standard desktops better. I miss Bubba (the fish on the Beta release). The big "W" for windows is kinda gaudy.

Seems to be fine now. Just going through and migrating everything over.

thing I didn't do on the first which I should have done was export the bookmarks for IE and then import them over. Would make things easier.

The nice thing about a fresh install is that I don't have to bother installing all those programs that I installed and then never really bothered using.

I am also trying not to install any drivers except for the video and audio. I think I actually trust the MS drivers more than many of the motherboards.

2 Down... 8 to go.

Why did I wait til now again?

I installed the Avatar theme on the HTPC until I find something a little nicer. My bedroom desktop get the hot actress of the month (currently Megan Fox).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts