AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still having the problem when 1080i cannot be displayed via the VGA input without disgusting distortion lines. Yesterday I got a replacement plasma, and it still has the same problem, right out of the box (my old one started 3 months into its life). I know it's not a problem outside of the TV because I can feed 2 different inputs into it, and it looks the same.

Both models fail the self-test in the test of IC9011. Can someone else with a Pan 50 please run the self test and tell me if it also fails this test? It could possibly be unrelated and it always gives that error or something...

To run the self test, you hold down volume-down on the monitor itself while pressing off-timer on the remote. I believe this also resets many or all of your picture adjustments, so this may be a pain.

Thanks in advance,

Ron

·
Registered
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by aviators99
I am still having the problem when 1080i cannot be displayed via the VGA input without disgusting distortion lines. Yesterday I got a replacement plasma, and it still has the same problem, right out of the box (my old one started 3 months into its life).

Ron
Are you saying that this problem appeared three months after you first received your plasma and that it work OK before then?

I have a JVC 50", which allegedly uses the same electronics as the Panny. From a DTC-100, I always got severe combing-type artifacts when reproducing 1080i through the VGA input. I finally got a Vigatec Dune, which completely eliminated the problem by scaling 1080i to 768p before the signal was applied to the plasma.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Aviators99-

Well for what it's worth - that same sequence (buttons) works on my th-42pwd4uy - all ICxxxx tests showed -OK

Regards, Bruce

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert2413

Are you saying that this problem appeared three months after you first received your plasma and that it work OK before then?

I have a JVC 50", which allegedly uses the same electronics as the Panny. From a DTC-100, I always got severe combing-type artifacts when reproducing 1080i through the VGA input. I finally got a Vigatec Dune, which completely eliminated the problem by scaling 1080i to 768p before the signal was applied to the plasma.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying...but for the replacement one, it doesn't work out of the box. Does your Vigatec have VGA out as well? Because 1080i to the component inputs works well, without pre-scaling.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Brucer
Aviators99-

Well for what it's worth - that same sequence (buttons) works on my th-42pwd4uy - all ICxxxx tests showed -OK

Regards, Bruce
Thanks for checking, Bruce. That is at least a data point. I'm hoping someone trys it on a 50", even if it is a display unit at a store someone walks by!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by aviators99

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying...but for the replacement one, it doesn't work out of the box. Does your Vigatec have VGA out as well? Because 1080i to the component inputs works well, without pre-scaling.
Yes, the Vigatec has VGA out, although I'm using it to drive a Barco 801s CRT display, not the JVC plasma. I'm using the Vigatec's component out to drive the JVC's component input.

Now you've got me wondering if the JVC's component input can accept the DTC-100's VGA output without exhibiting the combing problem. Unfortunately, I don't have the cables to test this right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.