AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems figuring out what AVS script to use for CSI: Miami and Cold Case.

I've tried several including:

LoadPlugin("D:\\AviSynth 2.5\\plugins\\MPEG2Dec3.dll")

LoadPlugin("D:\\AviSynth 2.5\\plugins\\Decomb510.dll")

mpeg2source("G:\\Cold Case\\S01E02 - Cold Case - Gleen.d2v")

Telecide(order=1)

Decimate()

Telecide(order=1)

Telecide(order=0)

Telecide(order=0)

Decimate()

Telecide(order=0,guide=3)

but the video continues to be jumpy at times. In the MPG (and TP) source, the jumpiness is not evident. I thought removing the Decimate() function would remove the jumpiness but that's not the case.

Both shows are taking a whole lot of space on my HD and I've been trying multiple times to remove this artifact.

CSI, The Handler and Without A Trace all have no problems with the first script listed.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,884 Posts
I don't save those particular shows but you might try:

UnComb() # in my downloads section

Decimate(5,quality=0)

- Tom

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried UnComb but had quite a few combing artifacts. The content is probably not properly flagged (both shows are 1080i).

I don't get combing artifacts with any of the scripts above ... it just looks like certain frames got skipped for some reason (jumpy backgrounds, jumpy characters). Some of the scripts above are worse than others. Windows Media Encoder reports zero dropped frames for all encodes I've tried so far.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You should try reading the tutorial included with decomb (DecombTutorial.html). With it you can easily find out what parameters to use.

This is part of the script I use for CSI:
Code:
Code:
Loadplugin("C:\\Program Files\\AviSynth 2.5\\plugins\\mpeg2dec3.dll")
Loadplugin("C:\\Program Files\\AviSynth 2.5\\plugins\\Decomb510.dll")
mpeg2source("H:\\csi\\yoursource.d2v")
Telecide(order=1,guide=1,show=false,post=0)
Decimate(mode=0)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did read the tutorial but I've been running into problems loading the AVS scripts into VirtualDub. I'm going to have to take a look into it a little more.

Thanks for the script.

·
Registered
406 Posts
homerjay,

another source of jumpiness can be the audio. i am assuming that you are saving the file to avi format. what is your audio stream? i believe tp files contain ac3 files, but i can't remember. anyway, if you are muxing in ac3 files, you might want to try to set the interleave at every 32 ms instead of every 1 frame. this seems to help, as does using reclock for your audio renderer. without reclock, i was unable to get smooth pans on dvds transcoded to avis, but with those audio muxing settings and reclock, they are rock solid with the same video and script parameters.

k

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I've figured out the problem. I got VirtualDub working to preview the AVS files and noticed that the jumpy scenes were not at all following the 3:2 cadence. Smooth portions were ... the bad areas were more like 3 progessive, 2 interlaced, 1 progressive, 5 interlaced.

I figure given the problem (or what seems like it to me), I don't have a lot to do other than hope that these two shows (Cold Case is significantly worse than CSI: Miami) can eventually get it right like CSI!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.