AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the market for a new TV and really like the reviews of the new Panasonic ST60 plasmas. Everything looks great, but I've read some things about its input lag being higher than last year's ST50 line. This is the only thing making me hesitate. Now, people tend to post things when they are dissatisfied about them, so I'm wondering if there are folks out there happily gaming on ST60s, but we never here from.


So, is anyone having good experience gaming on an ST60?


For my household, the TV is used for gaming maybe 20% of the time. So PQ is pretty important for the other 80% of the time. For this reason I would prefer not dropping down to the S60 or last yea'rs ST50.


If the type of game matters for input lag, we tend to play RPGs like Skyrim and Fallout, arcade shoot-em-ups, and some dancing games like DDR. So far, no one is into online multi-player stuff. Our current TV is a 10 year old Samsung DLP (HLN series). Tried to find the input lag for comparison but was unable. Probably too old for anyone to care about.


Thanks for any advice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,637 Posts
I went with the VT60 for this reason. I cannot stand input lag and the ST was measured to be pretty bad. There is a long thread in the plasma section about it. Curious to see if people notice it and how bad it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,639 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes  /t/1472752/anyone-enjoy-gaming-on-panny-st60-plasma#post_23317442


I went with the VT60 for this reason. I cannot stand input lag and the ST was measured to be pretty bad. There is a long thread in the plasma section about it. Curious to see if people notice it and how bad it is.

Does the VT have measurably lesser lag? And do you have to turn off all the high end features like CME controls and 10 point greyscale to get low lag?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodobirdy  /t/1472752/anyone-enjoy-gaming-on-panny-st60-plasma#post_23318109


The fan noise is holding me back from grabbing the VT. Waiting to see if/what happens. Does it bother you?
I have the VT65 wall mounted on a .55" mount an never hear the fan unless I put my head up to the side of the TV. It's a non-issue. I'm more of a movie enthusiast than a gamer but just an amazing display. Bought mine on a screaming Father's Day sale last year and could not be happier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
I presume you mean the 65vt50. The vt60 just became available recently and have heard complaints regarding the fans. Thanks


If the issue is resolved soon ill be going with the vt60. If not, going to steer towards the 8500.

I'm an avid gamer. So I dont think the ST will work. But wish I could see it first hand so I'm not deciding based on reviews.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,637 Posts
I have a 65VT60 that is whisper quiet. I ordered it through best buy and had to wait for it to be shipped from the warehouse to the store. This is the new model and game lag is very low. This is a fantastic display and really the only high end plasma to game on. The ZT is also very good but I can't justify the price difference over the VT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003  /t/1472752/anyone-enjoy-gaming-on-panny-st60-plasma#post_23318099


Does the VT have measurably lesser lag? And do you have to turn off all the high end features like CME controls and 10 point greyscale to get low lag?

I'm not sure about having to turn off the high end features but, using the Leo Bodnar input lag tester device to test different Panny's, the TV guy from Cnet said, "I tested lag on the U.S. ST60 using the same Bodnar device as @HDTVTest and got a similar result (73.6ms in Game mode)."..."The VT60's lag in Game mode is 47.9; slightly worse than the ST50 (40) but not as good as the S60 (34.1)"


Someone put the link in the ST60 thread...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top