AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading on an old Sony Wega calibration site that changing the sub focus can yield better resolution. It has a different abbreviation on the XBR800, but it's there. I remember the site saying that you have to use an Avia or VE test pattern to get the best results. There are only 4 settings (they are 0,1,2, and 3). The guy on the site said he changed his, and he doesn't remember to what setting, but he knows it wasn't the factory setting (1).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The abbreviation may vary slightly on the XBR800, but here's what a Wega owner said at Keohi:

"NR LEVEL in the service mode can be adjusted to improve resolution. Use the resolution patterns in VE to see the differences turning it up and down make. Turning mine to "0" gave me the best resolution. It was set at 2 on a scale from 0-3. "

Sounds like a worthwhile tweak to me. Anything that can bring out even more fine details with HD sources is definently a worthwhile tweak. I found the setting on the XBR800, but couldn't adjust it because I don't have the VE resolution pattern. So I was wondering what setting anyone else with an XBR800 has it at.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another question I was going over the settings that were changed when TV was ISFed anyone have any ideal what **** setting does?

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
Thanks, KidPanama.

Ufanco, I think 2170-P/**** is the sub-Picture control for different video inputs. It's probably used to tweak the white level/contrast/Picture settings on different inputs so they are more uniform.

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
FWIW, it could also be used just to increase the range of contrast (Picture adjustment) on specific inputs. Whether or not that's advisable is up to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.