AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a marquee 8000 I am working on to eventually replace my 1272.

I had a picture on the screen and it changed to a muddy gray colored screen. I turned it off and back on and the picture did not come back on I shut it down and unplugged it for 2 days plugged it back in the picture was back for about 10 minutes then it did the same thing.
Thanks Rich

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the pic not being whole it only kept the corner when I downsized it but that is what the whole screen looked like the projector was not set up.Thanks Rich

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
None green light on back and all red lights out on the lvps I had purchased a lvps from a 8500 and istalled it after the problem with no change Thanks Rich

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
None. There is a picture, it just doesn't look right.

\\

That shot doesn't tell me much other than it looks like the G2s are too high. When you get that gray screen, do you get onscreen menus?

It's possible that your G2s are kicking up due to a memory glitch, your HVPS is intermittently bad, or your VIM is intermittently dying. Maybe a CLM problem as well, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the menu button is pressed I get 3 overlapping squares with no text and the machine is slow to respond or turn off .

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
I'd say it's the CLM or VIM at this point. Short of swapping them or pulling them and sending them in for testing/repair, that's about all you can do at your end.

I can test or repair them. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you want to send them in.

Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just won a won an auction for a vim (thanks Curt) I had thought about a bad battery on the clm . Could this cause the problem? Thanks Rich

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to check the batt on the clm and I have 3 volts So I can check that off of the list.

Is there supposed to be a group of very fine white wires on the clm running under the deflection module? I will have to wait until the vim comes in from Curt. Thanks Rich

·
Registered
4,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs454 /forum/post/12887590

Is there supposed to be a group of very fine white wires on the clm running under the deflection module?

it's not unsuall to have all sorts of hand soldered jumpers on the 8000's, the older the machine the more of these there are. i'm not sure I would persue repairing this machine much farther. If the tubes are in good shape, find an 8500 with burnt tubes and swap them over.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Umm, that's a video/Svideo input board you have coming, not the RGB/VIM you want to swap out...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts