AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a trouble finding one on display in Northern NJ / NYC.

Has anyone ever seen one? How does it compare to the HLM/HLN series from Samsung? (I'm currently waiting to see the HLN56xxx before taking the plunge and making a final decision).

Also, if you are familiar with the 55DMX01WD, I have a specific question about this model:

Since each labeled input has a connection for composite, S-Video, and Component, and accepts all SD/HD formats(?), can I in theory hook all three types of cables up from my AV reciever and have the TV accept whatever signal is sent, allevaiting the need to switch inputs on the TV itself? The manual says Component takes precedence over S-Video which takes precedence over Composite, but also says to only hook up one component to each input. Technically, I'm only hooking up one component (AV reciever), but using 3 different types of cables.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One bump for the late night/early morning crowd.

Seriously, what is it with this unit? I've been able to find a few online retailers, and some press releases announcing it, but no other reviews or info on it or the 55DMX01W (last year's model).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.