AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
That case looks very similar to one of the coolermaster cases (the 610 I believe) that people were using. You can probably search for the threads. I myself was looking at the case but the micro-atx form factor scared me away. I ended up using a coolermaster mid-tower and have been really happy with the results. I am not trying to make it look like a stereo component so the very expensive cases that are currently being talked about had no interest for me. I stealth modded the dvd-drive and it sits on the floor next to my RPTV and my stereo reciver and does its job quietly and looks good.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm with Chris on this. I have a Lian-Li case but it is a black mid-tower. It has black floppy and DVD drives and sits on my sub-woofer. My strongest requirement was that it be silent and unobtrusive. I rather like it off the floor because I don't have to bend over to put DVDs in and there is much less dust.

Jim

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I use a Lian Li custom case designed by another AVS forum member, Nick Yen. Run a search using his name, and feast on the pics! Ultra cool - and expandible. :cool:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got the Lian-Li 9400. It's spectacular!

Takes full size ATX boards (I have an Abit KD7/2500+Barton/AX-7 HSF in mine), but requires mATX PSU.

That horizontal line on the front panel glows blue (so does power button) and HDD activity LED is scarlet.

Two 60mm (3500rpm) fans on back panel are attached to a fanbus switch with 3 settings. System runs @ 44 degrees celsius...fans almost inaudible.

I bought this used (in perfect condition w/ 200watt psu) for $140.00/shipped.

Absolute work of art!... my best purchase of the year!

Oh yeah...my AIW Radeon 7500 fits fine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I also use the LianLi 9400 case - it really is very good.

To get around the mATX power supply problems I took the quiet ATX PSU I had a modified it (butchered?) to make it fit into the front right 5.25" drive bay mounting. It really was pretty simple mod. I have posted picks before, I'll see if I can find them and post a follow-up link.

I run a 3.0c (at 3.5) with a Zalman quiet cooler 7000CNPS and its virtually silent.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I'm using a Lian-Li, very nice case. The one I got is not very quiet, but since all my equipment is in closet next to my HT, I don't really care. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.