AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently engaged in selling off a very high end 2-channel audio system in bits and pieces on Audiogon, and will be putting at least some of the proceeds into beefing up the home theater system, including replacing the 32" CRT television with a large plasma display.

I've been using a Monster Power Home Theater Reference Power Center 5000 in the home theater system. This is a not-very-serious power controller for a not-very-serious system.

OTOH, I've been using a pair of PS Audio Ultimate Outlets and a PS Audio Juice Bar in the stereo system I'm getting rid of.

Having sold a lot of the stereo system already, I was planning to sell the PS Audio power conditioners next, to help keep the money flowing in to buy the plasma display.

Then I thought -- wait a minute, would a Panasonic (or possibly Pioneer, but probably Panasonic) plasma display benefit from the more serious power conditioning of an Ultimate Outlet? Should I hold onto my power conditioners instead of selling them off ASAP as I am with all the other 2-channel gear?

Has anyone used power conditoner with their plasma display, and can you tell me whether is made a difference that mattered to you? If you've used the PS Audio "passive" products like the Juice Bar and the Ultimate Outlet, that would be especially interesting....

·
Registered
897 Posts
Im using a pro Furman balanced power transformer because the AC in my apartment is pretty sorry. Ive looked at the waveform with an o'scope and its not very clean. I can hear a difference when using it, but not really see one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.