1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
honestly, i played fear on PC while i was in iraq, and i loved it.... i tried it on the 360 and it just didn't feel right, the controls or something were "off". Either way i WILL try fear 2, as the first one was REALLY good. hopefully they polish it more on the console side.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/15495208

honestly, i played fear on PC while i was in iraq, and i loved it.... i tried it on the 360 and it just didn't feel right, the controls or something were "off". Either way i WILL try fear 2, as the first one was REALLY good. hopefully they polish it more on the console side.

I agree with you on the 360 version, the controls or something were definetly "off". I never ended up finishing that game.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Played the first one on the PC just recently in anticipation of loving it and then getting the second one on the 360. Found it to be very monotonous. Looked great, but boring as hell and short on actual scares.

Will probably hold off on the second one until it's in the bargain bin as a result.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/15495186

that's one strange threat title

Agreed. Can we please change it to "How dare is there not a FEAR 2 thread?"?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pound 4 pound FEAR had the best particle effect on any console "then", Vegas came out the following week which took fears thunder away'...

respawns was lighting fast/5.1 audio in the game was outstanding due to the particle effects' but the controls was a little funky... i cant front about that, i think they said that the orginal fear game engine and controls was geared for the keyboard&mouse, and fear at that time was a major hit on the PC earlier that year... if monolith tweaked the controls for a better controller type feel, and they give it a modern warfare polishing on it...fear2 might be sleeper hit for 2009!

·
Registered
806 Posts
That's what happens when you put a great PC franchise on a console.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazylik /forum/post/15498678

That's what happens when you put a great PC franchise on a console.

think its built for the consoles now, should still be PC version too

·
Registered
370 Posts
This should become the Xbox forums war bonds lighters thread

·
Registered
370 Posts
Clearly the op is insinuating that everyone will flatulate and giggle while standing over a copy of Fear 2 when it is released.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Never played FEAR on the 360, but the PC version was so good. Only thing that game was missing was a little variety in the environments, everything else was top notch.

·
Registered
545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop2 /forum/post/15499603

This should become the Xbox forums war bonds lighters thread

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im calling it.....

if nothing big comes out 2009 as far as FPS are concerned FEAR2 will be this years call of duty, or it'll be killzone2

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
****s and giggles

excitement gained from an often simple action or occurence; often used to explain reason in response to a stupid question.
Tom: "why the hell did you do that?"

Sue: "just for ****s and giggles." (aka, just for the hell of it)

I guess the OP is wondering who's looking forward to playing Fear 2, just for the hell of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts