AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found some pics of sony 12xx with the lenses flapped for a higher vertical mounting angle than stock, what about a nec PG? Anyone want to share their success story (preferably with nice high-res pictures :) ) Basically I'd like to put the pj a little higher (about 8") than the screen top but I won't unless I can successfully flap the lenses. Thanks!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would like to see this too, i have my pg6200 mounted higher than my sreen and tilted so the phase is still in the center of thes creen, but I'm having focus issues, as to be expected.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
You'll never be happy with it, not to mention that you will over stress the electronic keystone adjustment. There is a very little "fudge room" when mounting NEC's. Too many times I've read posts about someone trying to go beond the projectors limits, spent day's mounting them in the wrong place only to come back and post problems with buzzing noises or horizontl lines going through the center of the screen. Anyone who insists on owning a NEC should be prepaired to deal with mounting it where it's supposed to be. There is much more "fudge room" with a Marquee.

Chip

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
If you replace the 47uf cap on your PG you don't get a problem with the keystone adjustment, and get as much 'fudge room' as anyone else :)

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
I fitted springs to a mates 9PG - just to see if they would fit - they do. I didn't actually follow through and focus it, but I had focused my old 1251 with springs, it would be the same. It takes time and well, time.

I wouldn't mount a NEC non-spec unless you had a thorough understanding of flapping and the consequences of angles that use more keystone.

I would NEVER mount mine so that I had to use more keystone - that's a low screen if ceiling mounted/high screen if floor mounted BTW.

BUT I reckon mounting the pj so the procjection angle is LESS (like a middle of the screen rear proj setup) is BETTER - if you can get the flapping right.

Here's a spring pic. The springs are cone shaped - out of the back of a big torch (flashlight in yankee speak).

You can't attach nice hi-res piccies - PM me your email address and I'll send the originals if you like.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.