AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 206 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m about to have some prototype PCBs made for a DVI-D input module for the Sony 12xx and G series projectors. Is there any interest in a $150 - $200 card that has 24 bit color and supports all of the ATSC resolutions? HDCP will not be supported, but all of the circuitry needed to make the board HDCP compliant will be present (in the unlikely event the design would be licensed in the future).

Depending on the success and interest in the Sony version, different cards could be made for other brands of projectors.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
Not ready for it just yet. But good to see that the circuitry for HDCP will be ready to go if it is "licensed" in the future.

Wonder if there will be any HDCP hacking of "similar" projects. No way:D

· Registered
1,249 Posts
I am still interested in 1 for my Marquee's,

At this stage we don't know if Jaehong Lee's unit will ever get any further than Korea.

So If you can build a unit then count me in.

Just so you know, the last count on my thread about interest in Jaehong's unit was up to -

Marquee - 34

1292 - 9

G90 - 8

G70 - 8

D50 - 1

XG - 10

PG - 4

1208 / 09 - 5

808 - 7

So that makes - 86

This list needs to be updated, but gives you an idea of the interest.

Cheers

Steve

· Registered
2,055 Posts
Nope, Not interested

Quote:
Originally posted by hdtvme
I’m about to have some prototype PCBs made for a DVI-D input module for the Sony 12xx and G series projectors. Is there any interest in a $150 - $200 card that has 24 bit color and supports all of the ATSC resolutions? HDCP will not be supported, but all of the circuitry needed to make the board HDCP compliant will be present (in the unlikely event the design would be licensed in the future).

Depending on the success and interest in the Sony version, different cards could be made for other brands of projectors.

· Registered
865 Posts
make and nec xg dvi card and I'm all over it ! Raster doesn't sound happy about anything.

· Registered
354 Posts
I would like one as well, keep us posted.

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It will have a place to store the HDCP keys, however no keys will be provided resulting in HDCP encrypted content being unwatchable. The cost of adding the hardware is low, so I put it in the design to support upgrading if a license is obtained later.

Quote:
Originally posted by edsuski
How will it handle HDCP compliant devices?

Ed

· Registered
2,304 Posts
Will this be a fully functional card or just the circuit board that we would have to add the appropriate DVI chips to? Also, you said it will have a space for HDCP keys. What exactly does that mean? Could I take the HDCP chip out of a CRT based RPTV and solder it on the card for HDCP support?

· Registered
9,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by raster
Nope, Not interested
Er, right, you need to get a projector first. I'm still waiting for you.:D

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The board will be populated with components and ready to use with non-HDCP sources. The "keys" consist of an eeprom image that is avaialble only from the IC vendor to licensed designs. I can't say anything about the posibilities of modifying or "patching" in keys from another device...

Quote:
Originally posted by GScott
Will this be a fully functional card or just the circuit board that we would have to add the appropriate DVI chips to? Also, you said it will have a space for HDCP keys. What exactly does that mean? Could I take the HDCP chip out of a CRT based RPTV and solder it on the card for HDCP support?

· Registered
720 Posts
XG1352 owner... certainly sounds interesting.

I assume the perceived benefit of this is in avoiding analog attenuation losses / noise pickup in the generally long RGB coax run to the projector. ie: The signal remains in the digital realm until right up close to the projector?

If so, why does this need to be projector specific? Why can't we just have a generic external DVI to RGBHV converter box?

Greg

1 - 20 of 206 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.