AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 696 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is going on in another thread or forum, but I'm wondering if anyone took advantage of the Toshiba 3 free DVD offer and have received their movies. I sent mine in some maybe 6 weeks ago now, still waiting. Hard to hold off on buying the movies I ordered (We Were Soldiers, The Rundown, and Constantine)... anyone get theirs yet? If so, how long did it take. If not, how long you been waiting?

Thanks,

MEC2

·
Registered
70 Posts
I sent off for mine first of November, and I haven't gotten them yet. I ordered Tomb Raider, Constantine, and Apollo 13.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yup, same here. Early November order for me, Sky Captain, Constantine, Riddick. Haven't recieved anything either.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Sent out second week of november still no discs yet, I ordered 3 movies via amazon last thursaday and got the 2 WB movies yesterday. My last movie firewall should come today or tommorow....

So it kinnda gets me, how can it take this long. I figure they get you info, at least send the order info to some one who then seends you it. So I figure even if it snail mail all the way it should take 3 weeks total to get thr movies at least sent. So 4 weeks total order time. Why has it taken so long.

I'm waiting on apallo 13, dukes of hazzzard and twister I think, not sure on the 3rd one, already had a few movies in the list so mu selection were limted. I just picked a radom movie in the last list. Also have the DVDs of the first 2. Figure ill sell them, that's if the movies ever come. I've almost bought dukes.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would think that added popularity of the new drives is helping this take a bit longer.

A lot of us will remember that our Toshiba DVD coupons freebie took a week when we first bought the A1 back at launch. The number if drives out now would be much higher than at system launch and free movie requests would be much higher.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ordered in november and still waiting on Blazing Saddles(rented it and pq is great), the rundown and Sky Captain ... Looking forward to them coming .

Will be worth the wait ...

Looks like the hd-dvd format is doing well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

·
Registered
725 Posts
still waiting here. i don't even remember what they were. 1rst week of dec.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgonzalez /forum/post/0

I would think that added popularity of the new drives is helping this take a bit longer.

Huh? This is no excuse.

I sure hope this isn't another one of those rebates that the manufacturer never fulfills. Rebates should be against the law or there should be some type of consumer recourse. I'm really sick of cutting out UPC's and sending in original receipts only to never receive the rebate from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirelessGuru /forum/post/0

Huh? This is no excuse.

I sure hope this isn't another one of those rebates that the manufacturer never fulfills. Rebates should be against the law or there should be some type of consumer recourse. I'm really sick of cutting out UPC's and sending in original receipts only to never receive the rebate from the manufacturer.

Wow - talk about someone who knows nothing on how a rebate/freebie offer works.

I could understand if someone had sent this out months ago, but if i'm not mistaken, this deal only came out last month or so.

Have you ever looked at the fine print of offers? Does '8-10 weeks' or something similar sound familiar?

If you're sick and tired of cutting UPC's out, then don't bother with the offer. I know that the other 99% of offer takers on this message board (and other places) are going to enjoy their free movies once they do come in.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, nice to see I'm in the same boat... I'll be sure to post when I get them...

I was kinda bummed that I could choose three, but only one from each list... it worked out okay, since I really enjoyed The Rundown and We Were Soldiers, but Constantine really isn't a movie I would have normally bought, just the only one in that list I could see wanting in HD...

MEC2

·
Registered
3,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgonzalez /forum/post/0

Wow - talk about someone who knows nothing on how a rebate/freebie offer works.

I know how they work, you mail it in and in 3 months you may get your rebate/offer or you may not receive anything at all and you have no recourse. It is also not a "freebie" as you put it. It is an offer used to entice buyers and add value to their purchase. These offers are advertised as part of the deal. See Value Electronics... 5 Free HD-DVD's.

This offer is going on 9 weeks now and nobody here has seen their discs. It doesn't sound to me like Toshiba is even processing these offers yet.

·
Registered
307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WirelessGuru /forum/post/0

I know how they work, you mail it in and in 3 months you may get your rebate/offer or you may not receive anything at all and you have no recourse. It is also not a "freebie" as you put it. It is an offer used to entice buyers and add value to their purchase. These offers are advertised as part of the deal. See Value Electronics... 5 Free HD-DVD's.

This offer is going on 9 weeks now and nobody here has seen their discs. It doesn't sound to me like Toshiba is even processing these offers yet.

I took the time to look at the fine print, and it does mention 8-10 weeks for processing.

They likely will use media mail to send out, which can take up to a month after shipping.

If you're so hell bent out of shape about this, please tell me the 3 movies that you requested and i'll send you my copies of them.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think the fact that nobody has received them yet actually is good news... Toshiba isn't going to welch on it, if everyone had received them and only a couple hadn't, that might be bad for those folks. If nobody has, then fulfillment overall has likely not begun or is in process...

MEC2

·
Registered
632 Posts
Offer expires at the end of February...I just hope Canada gets the Toshiba HD-XA2 this time! The HD-XA1 never made it here, didn't see it in the GTA.

Some of tight that they make you pick one from each catergory.

1 - 20 of 696 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.