AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

ATI claims that both HD4XXX and HD5XXX support x.v.color (same as x.v.YCC), does anyone get this to work? My amp and projector support x.v.color, but I just can't enable it.

Any help or experience is appreciated!

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
have no idea what x.v. color is... sure you got it right?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I believe that Windows 7 can support modes that use this colorspace but I don't know if any of the graphic card manufacturers have implemented it in silicon or in their drivers. We would also need software that could write into this colorspace and the only hardware that can capture it is some camcorders e.g. some AVCHD models, as it isn't supported with Blu-ray and the like

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
It's in the Core i3/i5 HW, but I don't have a display which can do anything with it, so I don't know how well it works.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by salacious /forum/post/18228941

I believe that Windows 7 can support modes that use this colorspace but I don't know if any of the graphic card manufacturers have implemented it in silicon or in their drivers. We would also need software that could write into this colorspace and the only hardware that can capture it is some camcorders e.g. some AVCHD models, as it isn't supported with Blu-ray and the like

I think ATI claims that their new HD5000 can output x.v.color, but it's not discussed anywhere, strange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts