AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have the DST3000 and receive SHO HD, did you read all the posts on calling Directv?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I have read the posts, but I live in Pegasus territory, I have called them at least 5 times, and Pegasus told me that they have definitely turned on 543, still no picture, I have check all connections, and have good signal strength from the 3 transponsers on sat 110

·
Registered
469 Posts
Foss,

Have you tried to redo your auto config on your dish setup? I have a panasonic too, and that was the problem with that one. Might work for you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but each time I try the auto-config, it goes to the "2-sat configuration" I can never get it to recognize the 3 sat config, except when I do it manually.. So you have a Toshiba 3000 and getting the sho345? I wish knew what my problem was!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Need more info. What dish setup are you using, simply the elliptical, or multiple dishes. What do you actually see when you tune to 543? Anything at all like.. searching for satellite signal..or call extension 721 or nothing at all?

What do you see when you tune to channel 90 which is basically the Sat C test channel. Any messages, or "Channel Unavailable", or certain audio/video?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I get 543 with the DST-300, I am in southern CA though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DP1,

I get channel 90, on channel 543 I get the info banner, but a blank screen and use an elliptical dish, also I get channels 100 & 400, in addition I also get channels 199 & 509 which are high definition. There are no messages at the bottom of the screen on channel 543, just a blank, black screen. Also, my transponsor readings are in the 80's for 8, 10 & 12. The Sat-c kit was very easy to install, I've checked my wiring setup and everything seems fine.

Could it be, that Directv has not turned on 543, but Pegasus thinks its been turned on? Whenever I call Pegasus I always ask if channel 543 has been turned on, they say "yes" I'm at my wits end. Please help me!

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Turbobuick86,

I'm getting the spanish programing on channel 90, are you saying I shouldn't be receiving a picture ?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Right, you shouldnt be getting a picture, thats why I asked what exactly you were seeing on 90. You should only be getting a messgae on the bottom of the screen to...check guide for programming. The spanish programming is coming off 119. It sounds like you might have the leads crossed going into the combiner that came with the Sat C kit or something. Better recheck your connections again there and at your multiswitch.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Well you said you're using the elliptical dish right? If you're seeing the channels at 101 ok and were otherwise seeing the channels at 119 ok (like HDNet) before you added the Sat C kit, your alignment for 110 should be ok. It would just be a wiring problem. Now if my above assumption isnt correct about what you were getting before you added the Sat C kit, then we might have other issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.