AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched last nights Saturday Night Live with Al and Tipper Gore as hosts and I thought it was hysterical but I didn't realize I wasn't recording it and now my wife is 'unhappy' that I didn't save it for her. Can anyone help out (recording speed doesn't matter).

Thanks in advance if you can. I'm asinshesq at 00055-09166-65680.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Sure hun, I'll send.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just accepted your send, Heathriel. Thanks! And I'll walk on cloud nine all day because the great and powerful (and beautiful and brilliant...) Heathriel referred to me as hon. I mean, KenL has done that before, but it's just not the same.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
You so kwayzee ;)

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by asinshesq
.... Heathriel referred to me as hon.
I think she referred to you as "hun":

"a person who is wantonly destructive" :D

-Gary

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by l8er
I think she referred to you as "hun":

"a person who is wantonly destructive" :D

-Gary
Or wantonly self destructive -- I left the thread on the desktop for my wife to see; she wasn't overly pleased...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All received, heather. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Wow... that was fast.

Heathriel what sort of Internet connection do you have? Full T1? Uncapped cable?

Robert

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Reden
Wow... that was fast.

Heathriel what sort of Internet connection do you have? Full T1? Uncapped cable?

Robert
You're right. The clip was about 1.4 gb and the total transmission time was about 7 hours. By my calculation, that's an upload speed for her of about 440 kbps (someone will surely correct my math if I got that wrong). Maybe Heathriel charmed someone into giveing her some super snazzy connection?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Me have super snazzy RCN Megamodem service, also coined a "C1" connection, or 1.1mbps up/1.5mbps down.

And its only $40 a month. I loooooooooooooooooove living in a city.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Whoops, forgot I had SNL recorded on the RTV. Also have 60 Mins and all the other TV news shows, I'll need to browse the recent eps...

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Gore hasn't said that - he said after the new year he'd tell his plans either way. I expect him to run (and win :))

It was a good episode, much much much much better than the horrible John McCain... uggh that was painful.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Gore hasn't said that - he said after the new year he'd tell his plans either way. I expect him to run (and win :))

It was a good episode, much much much much better than the horrible John McCain... uggh that was painful.
Sorry, Randy, but Gore said point blank in last night's 60 minutes that he would not run. No hemming or hawing. (I didn't see the 60 minutes episode but I did hear excerpts that are totally clear, and the NY Times is reporting that he has unequivocally withdrawn from the race).

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
And that opens up the field... with RandyL712 as front-runner now.

The 'Biter may receive more of the popular vote, but the 'Roustabout always has some effective postpadding shenanigans. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.