AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..and by hacked I mean this: Taken a damn hacksaw to it?

I can't play forza until I find a way to mount this wheel to something sturdy.

The Logitech wheel was easy, it had a fairly flat angle on it and it clamped easily to my TV stand that I used as a table, but the Microsoft wheel just doesn't work with it.

Part of the reason is that the M$ wheel is so wide! Is that all just unused plastic in there? The second thing I hate is that the "lap cushion" which isn't removable causes the wheel to sit about 2" higher than the logitech wheel does, making me have to reach UP for it when I'm on the couch....

Its becoming a real nightmare for me, because I can't play forza until I solve this little mounting problem

I am tempted to go to Home Depot, buy some cinderblocks and some wood clamps and just make a tray, or buy a cheap folding card table and cut the legs down to the right height that I need to play from the couch!

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i dont have a wheel yet, but i ordered the table mate the other day in anticipation, until then it'll make a good laptop/food tray.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
You can remove the lap-plastic with tools if you need want to quickly enough.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadRusch /forum/post/0

I am tempted to go to Home Depot, buy some cinderblocks and some wood clamps and just make a tray, or buy a cheap folding card table and cut the legs down to the right height that I need to play from the couch!

When you're there pick up a Rigid Flip Top work stand (should be in the hardware section) and some bungee cords to strap it down (forget the clamp). There is some tilt/play if you push up on the wheel when you are playing but it works perfectly when seated on my couch. With more bungee cords you could probably tie it down in a way that eliminates the play. The stand also folds out in a way where you can pin the pedals between the legs if you can use the table at its lowest height setting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't have the wheel, so I can't say for certain that this would work, but I do have one of these tables/trays and they are pretty heavy duty. They also adjust height from 21" - 28".

Just a thought.

Nuff_Said

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Amazingly I figured out a solution to my problem.....its not the most elegant but it works, with some spare wood and a few wood clamps, I even tilted the wheel up so the angle isn't so extreme now compared to my seated position on the couch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts