Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with the TACT TCS. If you have a "normal" room, would the TCS be overkill?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I haven't tried the TCS but have used the RCS two channel unit. Assuming you have a decent system, it is by far the best improvement you could make, even by spending megabucks.

While it is true it makes the most difference in bad rooms, no room that isn't custom designed is perfect and that TACT will improve them all. I have a very good room, and room correction makes significant improvements.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I owned the TacT RCS 2.0 for several months.

I bought it as a digital pre-amp and play-toy. It really helped me understand my room, and components, frequencies, etc.

TacT support is excellent. They are there for you on the phone anytime, and in providing software updates. The user-community is also very helpful.

There is always a used one popping up at Audiogon for a little over $2k. The Coolest of audio toys !

- Andy

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have had a TCS for 4 months now (and still haven't had time to write a review!). Overall, I am very satisfied with the sound. The better the room from the outset, the better the result. The worse the room from the outset, the more impressive the difference between corrected and bypass. My only complaints with the unit are that there it is not very user friendly and so far the promised upgrades for additional IR codes and RS232 control codes have not been implemented. For example, you have to cycle through all inputs, instead of being able to select a certain input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.