AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna go in to demo some speakers, but ive done this before and visited places that should be blacklisted. i.e. stupid sales people, overly aggresive, or overpricing items.

anyone know about any of there LA locations?

ty

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have visited the store in Pasadena. I thought overall the experience was ok. It was my first time auditioning so I was fairly ignorant but the salesman appeared knowledgeable and not overly aggressive. I haven't been there in a year so things could be different.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have been to Sound Factor in Santa Monica. They were good about us bringing in speakers to compare to things they carried. I thought they were decent.

My favorite in the Los Angeles ares is Hometheaterdoctor in Redondo Beach: www.hometheaterdoctor.com . They are fantastic about in-home demos, very helpful and friendly. You really should call to make sure about hours.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have bought from all 3 locations....good people, really nice selection of stuff.

I also 2nd Home Theatre Doctor in Redondo Beach.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have been to the Sound Factor in Pasadena. Not a great experience. Salesman kept trying to push some B&W's that were on clearance.

Had a great experience at LA Audio Video in Koreatown in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoguri /forum/post/12941534

I have been to the Sound Factor in Pasadena. Not a great experience. Salesman kept trying to push some B&W's that were on clearance.

Had a great experience at LA Audio Video in Koreatown in Los Angeles.

I have had a good experience with the sound factor in Pasadena and Encino.

As for LA Audio Video..that was not so good...the sales guy there kept trying to sell me a Lexicon MC-12 that was used...and he kept telling me it was a demo model from the store........the face plate of the unit had some guys name on the front in sharpie
if this how they treat demo models...guess I am not interested.

RayJr

·
Registered
811 Posts
LA Audio Video was nice in that they let me listen to various speakers alone and for as long as I wanted. Still not as good as an in-home demo, but still refreshing. No pressure at all.

I liked the people at the Sound Factor in Santa Monica, but their showroom is small. I had to listen with a lot of people taking, etc.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The folks in the Encino store are nice and friendly.Going in for a demo was a good experience.

On the other hand,buying from them turned out to be a,NOT so good experience(I wont go into details here).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts