AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a bunch of high-end monster cables for several hundreds of dollars to set up my all my brand new home theater things.

--When pulling out two of the optical cables the plastic body of the cables slid off and there was no way to get them lock back on. So I had to try to wiggle the cable out of the receiver which eventually came out and broke the front plastic sections of both optical inputs and now neither input works.

--When pulling out a pair of monster video component cables from a DVI-Component switcher they pulled the entire green metal part out of the switch with them and even after try to put back in it doesn't work.

So now that I spent quite a bit of money to get the 'best' cables I now don't have a working home theater and I'll have to return the broken monster optical cables, ship back my brand new expensive receiver at my own cost (according to the warrenty I pay shipping and I'm sure it'll be expensive since it's 50lbs), and pay another $30 for a DVI-Component switch. Oh and I'll have to wait another few weeks to actually use my home theater now.

Does this event where monster cables destroy your stuff happen to anyone else? I'm sure as heck never using monster cables again after all this >_

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do a search - Monster is not one of the most popular companies on AVS.

Peace,

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberNerd
Do a search - Monster is not one of the most popular companies on AVS.

Peace,
This is the understatement of the year.

Most people on this forum absolutely hate Monster.

Scott

·
Registered
20 Posts
For the love of all that is sacred and pure in the world of an AVS'er....never fall into the clinches of the monster.... ;)

Sorry about your troubles...you can find many sources of good reliable and cheaper cabling mentioned in numerous places on the forum (along with the sponsors as well)

Chris

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Yup, Monster cables are far from the best. They are notorious for their RCA ends to be way to tight. They offer nothing except a mega dollar marketing budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.