AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to try either a Panamorph or Anamorphic lens with the HT1000 at it longest throw setting of 1.52 ratio.

That's roughly a 96" image at 12'.

I think I would prefer to keep the projector at 12' throw distance and use a panamorph to compress/sqeeze the image on the verticle.

If you have a panamorph collecting dust, maybe I could give it a try to see how it works with the HT1000.

RJ

PS... if this post should have been placed in the classifieds area, I will move.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I have one collecting dust, but its in constant use. They tend to be dust magnets, but I'm not ready to give it up.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by kelliot
I have one collecting dust, but its in constant use. They tend to be dust magnets, but I'm not ready to give it up.
Have you tried the spray designed for computer and TV monitor screens? It's formulated to repell dust.

I have not seen what it looks like on a higly polished, mirror surface. Maybe it would not be an appropriate solution.

But since you mention your dust collector... how much dust needs to build up before the dust affects your projected image?

RJ

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Quite a lot, I haven't noticed any problems at the screen.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The anti static spray works well on my Panamorph. It must take a lot of dust before it effects the image as I remember mine in the early days with my older 4:3 dlp the Panamorph used to have quite a film of dust on its surface. Now with the anti static the cool box and the new less heat generating 16:9 projector, its stays very clean.

DavidW

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
The last thing I need is a spray messing up the AR coating on the Panamorph.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
If you're in the DC area I can bring it over for a try. Mine is collecting dust in its box rather than in use (I prefer the ISCO).

Regards,

Nigel

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by nigel_ht
If you're in the DC area I can bring it over for a try. Mine is collecting dust in its box rather than in use (I prefer the ISCO).

Regards,

Nigel
Thanks... I am in the area, up in Wilmington, DE.

The panamorph recommends a minimum 1.65 throw ratio. The HT1000 zooms from 1.2 to 1.52, so I think the keystone errors inherent in the lens would be even worse with the HT1000.

Perhaps the 762 model would do a better job. Alan has said there is keystone, but I couldn't gather if he felt it was excessive and counter productive.

I'll drop you a PM if I get some time in my schedule, to perhaps arrange to hook up with you.

RJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.