AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an NEC 9PG with static image burns on all three tubes. If anyone has a set with just wear, I'd be willing to pay some money for them, or trade for something. I'd like to get this projector from a parts only machine to an "ok" machine suitable for a starter on a tight budget, cheap tubes with some wear would allow me to do this. I can't afford to stick new or rebuilt tubes into it as it would then be too expensive for most newbies. I HATE to part out a working machine, but I'll do it if I have to to get my $500. out of it. Please help save a perfectly good NEC, if you have some descent tubes email me.

PS: I may be able to get by with just an ok green, if a whole set is too much to hope for.

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
All the worn ones I have have a really small wear pattern on them, you won't want them, trust me. I've just sent a bunch to VDC...

Curt

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Damn, if you had only asked a couple days ago. :(

I sold a whole set to another forum member, they weren't perfect but close.

Maybe you can get his old ones when he replaces them, don't know how bad they are but I think he was using it. I'll ask him.

Troy

·
Registered
525 Posts
Paul,

I have a set with light wear on all three. I have $400 in them however. I bought them for a unit that I have not had time to get around too....

Let me know if you are interested.

Nick

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I'm not looking for perfection by any means, just as big a wear as possible, and CHEAP. I'm just trying to get this thing to the point where it'll be useful for someone, and still cheap enough for a newbie, but I'm not going to take a loss of course, I'm not that generous.

Nick: It would be great to have some really nice tubes, and thats a pretty decent price, but with my initial cost, I think I'd be heading into the "loss" area with those tubes.

Curt: I could replace one of your small wear area tubes for one of my static image burned ones, so you'd still have a dud, and maybe I could try one of the "even out the wear" burn tricks that others have used ? If you had a green with a lighter small even wear, that would work, I think.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Paul,

I may have one green no charge that will just make it, I think I owe you something dont I? Send me your ship to address. [email protected] Doug

Nick,

Can you take a picture w/ no flash, I may take those off your hands

·
Registered
525 Posts
Doug,

I will try and do it tomorrow when I go to the shop...

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Hey Doug, how about taking my Green PGXtra tube off my hands? Large wear area. I think you saw it once. I'll trade for equal PGplus worn tube, blue or green. Pic available.

Paul, too bad this won't work for you. The tube is too long for the PG / PGplus.

I bought it mistakenly as a PGplus tube.

Marc

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have installed a PG Extra green(actually it was from an XG75) into a PG before and it worked just fine, but the neck is so long I wouldn't be comfortable leaving it in for any amount of time. the frame that houses the tubes could be moved forward by an inch or so to accomodate it, I think, with relative ease, but that is a larger project than I had in mind.

I WISH someone would try a GP3000 tube in a PG chassis. IF they were interchangeable, that would open up a whole new vista of used CHEAP tubes. I would try it with my present PG chassis, but I don't have a GP tube handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.