AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I believe Wilt's stated they are in lockdown mode until after the Superbowl, which explains why the addition of Encore-West is next week. Hoping that more news & additions start happening after this week!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gzabar
Anyone have any clue when IO will give more HD content? (ABC, NBC, HDnet, etc...)????

How about DVR capabilities??!

sigh...so sick of waiting!
Quit complaining. You get MSG HD and FOX SPORTS HD. I would gladly trade

the D* HD package for those 2 channels.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They've only been "aggressive" after almost a year of garbage programming....and as far as MSGHD and Fox Sports HD...it doesn't mean very much to me since I'm not into sports....

·
Registered
118 Posts
only reason I went IO is for MSG and Foxsports NY HD channels.

It was well worth it tonight watching Jagr score his first goal as a Ranger.

BTW, I wish CV would add NBC and ABC ASAP and of course ESPN HD would be nice

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
I also have HD from cablevision.They get a lot of grief but I think they are doing a pretty good job with HDTV.I have had HD from Cablevision since JULY and they have added more HD channels than I thought they would.I would love DISCOVERY-HD!I wanted ESPN-HD and ABC-HD but now that football is over I can wait.I want DVI also from the SA 4200HD box and I hear we will in February.Thats something I never thought Cablevision would care about nor even know about.I thought only crazy people like us on AVS FORUM knew anything about DVI. J.H.

·
Registered
89 Posts
on lockdown till after the Superbowl? that's cool. I can live with that. I really do hope that the programming picks up afterwards. I started to go with Voom, but the startup costs are crazy, besides, CV is currently the leader in HD as far as I'm concerned!

Looking forward to fruitful and Highly Defined year!

·
Registered
154 Posts
You might find MSG on 66-1, not sure about Suffolk. Thats the only 8vsb signal left here in Nassau.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
cablevision does not have ESPN HD :( that made me sad today

yes it leads the services in providing HD channels..

but the main one

the "biggun"... espn hd isn't offered! -cry- -whimper- -whine- :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
but the main one the "biggun"... espn hd isn't offered!
the biggun??

listen, I'd want ESPN HD as much as the next guy, but i wouldn't call a channel that has a few HD programs a week and the rest SD strectched the "main" HD channel. From what I've heard ESPN HD has a looong way to go before it can be considered the "biggun"

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HDWACKO
the biggun??

listen, I'd want ESPN HD as much as the next guy, but i wouldn't call a channel that has a few HD programs a week and the rest SD strectched the "main" HD channel. From what I've heard ESPN HD has a looong way to go before it can be considered the "biggun"
football.. hd..

i want my biggun! :(

:p *makes call to cablevision inquiring why there's no espn HD and no food channel*

..i want my foosaball in hd! also food channel would be good :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kenny44
Any idea why the cinemax,showtime,starz HD programming doesnt come in widescreen?HBO seems fine
Those channels were not showing a HD widescreen movie at that time. Even HBO HD shows non HD movies occasionally.

·
Registered
230 Posts
They're just rolling it out today in Jersey and NY area. Channel 704 and 744 respectfully.

Got to get home soon to check it out.:)

That makes a total of 13 available HD channels.:)

Now the rate hike:mad:

'pilot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.