AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the Madrigal website and this piece looks awfully neat! Having 1 unit that serves as the Pre-amp/DAC/ and CD player is a life saver!

Does it have a Unity Gain loop to use with a H.T. processor?

What is the retail price of this unit?

And what's the going rate for Kidney's on EBAY so I can buy one! :)

Mike

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Michael7272

>> Does it have a Unity Gain loop to use with a H.T. processor?

Not sure this can be view as a Preamp like a 380S which has the unity gain. The 390s is firstly an amazing transport with excellent DAC....you may want to confirm the unity gain...I maybe wrong but i do not think so.

Quote - "While the No390S uses a newer DAC and one that is very good, remember that implementation is still just about everything and the No360S still outperforms the No390S by a significant margin"

The 390S is close to reference as far as transports are concerned ...I may order one myself ....

Anyone else with comments ?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt,

1st let me say...I LOVE your setup!!!!! Weren't you looking at the MC-12? How did the audition go? Lastly, how happy are you with your AVP? I have read some comments that when working they are fantatsic and people are upset with the slow rate of the upgrades but as a 2ch and 5.1 pre-amp would you recommend it now?

Mike

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi Mike,

Thanks..stuff is great when it works ...seems like high end gear is very tempermental...but extremly satisfying when it all comes together !

So I returned again Saturday for the MC12B, and decided that I am indeed interested. Now I have also deicded to keep the ML 380S preamp and the DAC. Which means that I will utilize the MC12B via the 380S unity gain...now that begs the question...why would I need the 12B and not go for just the direct MC12 without the Balanced ...not sure..

The AVP has been exceptional, expecially when in conjunction with Proceeds own PMDT DVD which is based on the No37 transport..

I think the AVP is at its limits on expandability, unless Proceed surprises all of us. Its a Solid elegant 2-ch processor with a very smooth 2-ch sound...In surround mode, Ill say it again, the MC1/12 surpass it in every way.

The AVP will be upgraded by next year, how will it compare to the MC12...well it won't have all the bells and whistles but it will hold its own, especially with 2-chn and new dacs !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.