AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doe anyone have informatin on this box? Its half the price of the VW10HT, and according to the tiger direct catalog its for home theaters. Are there any reviews out for this guy? Thank You.

------------------

STOP DVI/HDCP!!!!!

· Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

I just found this.

-------------

Sony VPL-CS10

New ultra compact projector.

Light output: 1000 Ansi lumen

Lens: Zoom / Focus

4 times Digital zoom

Digital keystone

APA (Auto Pixel Alignment)

Max picture size: 300"

Videoformat: 4:3 / 16:9

Resolution: 800x600 SVGA

Pixels: 1,440,000

TV lines: 600

PAL/SECAM/NTSC (3,58+4,43)

Fan noise: 34 db

New remote with integrated mouse

Can be ceiling mounted

Size: (WxHxD) 285x76x250 mm

Weight: 3,3 kg

· Registered
44 Posts
It would be very remarkable if the CS1...CX10 could take progressive signals, because Sony says they won't (both literature and rep).

Of course, they will all take progressive computer RGB signals, but a projector designed "for home theaters" should also accept progressive component imo. Sorry if this presumption led to confusion.

Holger

· Registered
26 Posts
One question Holger,

A currently own a VPLCX10. I'm currently using it with a 480i DVD player thru component input. I'm planing to buy a DVD-player with progressive output (such as the Pioneer DV-444) with a SCART output. The manual says that the RGB input will accept everything from 15k thru 90k. I'm pretty sure that the component input accepts 480i signals only. The question is: will it accept a 480p signal from a device with a SCART interface? After all, a PC video signal at 640x480 is a 480p. The only difference is that with component input the SYNC is on GREEN, and with SCART you have a dedicated CLOCK line.

Thank you for your time,

John.

· Registered
5,132 Posts
I had Sony CX1 (550 lumens, XGA LCD). It does NOT accept 480p nor support ceiling mount. To go progressive, HTPC is your BEST option. It will support prog. DVD players or external scalers/doublers with RGB or VGA output. It has a decent built-in doubler/scaler. CX10 is the souped up version of the CX1 with more lumens and ceiling mounting; however, it's still a data-grade PJ without native 480p support.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Hi Chap,

I have the CPL-CX1, which is XGA. At that resolution, screendoor is not too big an issue. But I certainly wouldn't want to increase the screendoor by going to an SVGA version.

You might want to look at the CS10 first to see if it has too much screendoor for your taste.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.