AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first few times i played this it was fine. Then it locked up once last night during a multiplayer race, after that it was fine, as was it this morning. A few hours ago, it seemed the game wasnt loading the tracks fast enough...i would run out of road and get the police lights-loading symbol until it built the rest of the track. this happened 2-3 times in 2 different races. then just after saving, during a pursuit, it locked up again. fine, i guess. i took the game out, put it back in, and then i got a message saying something like "To play this disc, please insert it into an Xbox 360 console". uhhh....now the game wont load at all.

im going to exchange it, but is this is a common problem that another copy will have? i havent seen anything about it, but that doesnt mean i looked in all the right places. i bought it a few days before the xbox launch, so 11/18 or so. maybe its flawed cuz its an early copy?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just got done playing some and it did the same thing where i was running from the cops and it stopped and loaded the track. Later on when I was going to race a blacklist driver it froze while loading. I wasn't to happy knowing I would have to race the 4 or so races again to get to where I was so I turned it off. Don't know if it is going to load again will try tommorow.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not sure what is wrong with the copies that you have, but mine has not acted up. Am #6 on the Blacklist now, so have quite a bit of playtime in as well as some VERY long police chases. hehe. That sucks though, hopefully you have better luck when you exchange it.... this is a very fun game!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, EBGames was a great help....

"yeah, i bought this game a little over a month ago, i just got the system, and the game went from locking up to being totally unreadable."

"do you have your receipt?"

"sure"

"did you purchase 'gamers protection'?"

"no, im not sure what that is, it was never offered to me"

"sorry then, nothing i can do for you man"

"well, does the game have some kind of warranty on it?"

"no, theres really nothing we can do, sorry, 14 days is the limit"

well, i took that for what it was worth, there IS a 90 day warranty on the game. i have to send it into EA and they will send me a replacement. someone suggested going to Walmart, telling them it was a gift that doesnt work, and just getting another one, since they will send it back to EA anyway...but i dont want to scam one store cuz another one cant help. i know i should know this already, that the stores have policies in place, but i dunno, its just dissapointing.

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
If you take it back to Best Buy or Walmart they will even exchange it and send the game back to the manufacturer for credit. Sure there are some costs with them shipping it back but if you think about it, they are sending them back in crates, your game really isn't costing them anything. Take it back.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have finished the game and spent many hours of fun playing it. I only have had it lock up on my 3 times and I thought it would anyway. I was running at a very high rate of speed and went across the shop icon, when I went across it I pushed up to go in. I thought that since the game was doing so much at the time it would lock up and it did. The other two times were pretty much the same. It only locked when a lot of stuff was going on, but other than that, the game has played fine for me. I would play a couple of hours at a time or more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a question for all you NFSpeeders...I have rented it for a couple days and didnt get much time to play it before i took it back...How is the multiplayer? Also, how many cars are in the game? Was thinking of buying it...need something else to play in this drought, thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seems like about 32 cars in the game, plus the 'special' modded versions. multiplayer was okay, typical racing stuff, nothing great in my eyes...i like the challenges section the best tho, i think that is the most fun.

i think ill be bringing the game to wal mart tomorrow, its working, but its not worth risking it dying again a few months down the line.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't had any graphics problems, but I have had music issues. I like to play while streaming custom music playlists from my PC. Sometimes the music will stop and I can't get it to restart. Haven't had this problem in any other games. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not streaming music, i barely even care about the music in the game, so i couldnt say either way about that issue. but i THINK sometimes the regular in-game music will cut out and i will just have sound effects.

im taking mine to wal mart today to see about an exchange. it hasnt locked up since i posted, but its not worth it, hopefully they will exchange it.

·
Banned
2,042 Posts
I've had my 360 just over a week now and never had a problem with it EXCEPT in Most Wanted, it locked up once the first night I got the 360 in one of the menu screens. Its never done it since then though on Most Wanted or any other game I've played, even after hours of continual use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.