AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of purchasing Berkline 12006 and am looking for a good reliable online vendor. Have seen the poor ratings of 4seating.com. Anyone have any experience with theaterseat .com? Will check out roman as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. Just realized that theaterseat is the same as htoutlet. Any one have experience with ht outlet?

Unfortunately roman does not have the configuration that I need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll second theaterseatstore.com - they are very helpful over the phone, and have a good selection. You'll need to check with them to see what is in stock though, do not trust what their web site says.

·
Lifetime Member
1,514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike123 /forum/post/19653953

Thanks for your replies. Just realized that theaterseat is the same as htoutlet. Any one have experience with ht outlet?

Unfortunately roman does not have the configuration that I need.

are you by any chance looking for chairs with 1 arm on the right? if so those are only available on the domestic models, imported models only have the chairs with 1 arm on the left.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2 piece theater seat from **************** and the 2 pieces did not match, I returned them and still got charged a 20% restocking fee even though received bad product. I will never buy from them again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will never purchase from them again - received 2pc set and the 2 pieces did not match. Even though they messed up they still charged me 20% restocking fee after they made statement that all leather is different and will never match.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I had an oustanding experience with Furniture Crate.com, and the price was great on imported Berkline 13175s. They still show them on their webiste, but I have no idea if they still have them in stock. I gave Roman a chance to match their price, but he could not touch it. They'd be worth checking out.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegen /forum/post/20344260

We cant tell people who we have had bad experiences with? We can only give praise? doesnt that defeat the purpose of asking for a review?

Perhaps it is because those are the only two posts by that user?

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have recent experience (ordered 12/26/2013 delivered 1/20/2014 and just submitted this to the BBB:

~~ADVERTISEMENT ISSUE / DELIVERY ISSUE: Placed an order for 8 seats that were marked “IN STOCK – QUICK SHIP!”. They were not in stock. Was told delivery would be delayed ~2 weeks. 3 weeks after that they seats arrived. Requested refund for “White Glove” shipping due to delay was ignored.

BILLING OR COLLECTION ISSUE: When I ordered I upgraded to burl wood tray tables. The salesperson said “no problem”. They didn’t ship. When I requested them I was told that they weren’t invoiced so I would have to pay for them – more than $300 for what was included in the original order.

SALES ISSUE / PRODUCT ISSUES / CUSTOMER SERVICE FAILED TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE: The tablet holder was cheap plastic and broken. I’m awaiting a replacement although none has been promised.

PRODUCT ISSUES / CUSTOMER SERVICE FAILED TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE: 3 of the 5 accessories had mounting pins that were too long to sit flush in the accessory mounts. I requested replacements. I was told that they have no control over the length of the mounting pins even though between the two wine glass holders they are over 1cm different.

CUSTOMER SERVICE FAILED TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE: I requested that they send 8 accessory pods (one for each seat), the device that turns a cup holder into an accessory mount if one isn’t built into the seat. They are free with each accessory, but they didn’t bother to ship any. I was told they could ship 5 (which should have been included), but I would have to pay for the other three (remember this is trying to fix a problem caused by poor quality control by their vendor.)

This was over $6300 and they are treating me like I'm the bad guy.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Just had a recent experience as well.

After buying there Movie theater seat SeatCraft Model First Class set of 3.

The old adage you get what you pay for comes to mind.

I knew I should have went with my gut. There is a reason there are no reviews on this seat because they were all negative and they refused to post up reviews that are negative in nature. The seats I bought are not of Theater seat quality. In fact I think they are probably $300 - $400 over priced on a set of there. So I would steer clear of any Seatcraft product unless you can check it out in person where you can make an informed decision.

But that is just my opinion. I can tell you I wont be going back for seconds!

*****update*****

After fighting them for a few weeks they finally took my seats back and returned my money.

Be aware they do have a return policy but for the life of me never found it tell they pointing out that it was under National shipping. Why they think some one would look their for a return policy is beyond me. Also be aware that they have a lot of web sites not just one or two at least that is what I gathered from some guy that called me a few days ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.