AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere in another post someone commented on the Nuvo E6M audio distribution system.

Anyone have any personal experience with this system?

Pros?

Cons?

Likes?

Dislikes?

It seems to be a basic, affordable system with some nice features such as audio pass through for each zone, nice power levels and IR control.

The only thing that concerns me is the keypads. They seem to be very basic (select source, on/off, volume up/down). But you can control sources with the IR sensor.

Does anyone know if the source buttons can be programmed to send more than one IR code (specifically can you program macros into them)?

I'd like to be able to press "Sat" and have it turn everything on and switch to my favorite DSS music station.

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have got this system and so far look good.

But you absolutely right it's a very basic affordable system

Keypads are nice but extremely simple

It looks to me that you might be able to program something into the keypad, however can't find any word about it in documentation.

I will try to contact NUVO to find this out.

On the back of the keypad 6pin connector which has label "EXT PROG"

-pasha

:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have one Nuvo-E system here, seems to me that the keypads are in no way programmable. They control the matrix/amp. unit. Period.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is this system capable of being controlled from one keypad (all rooms)or the front of the unit? I am trying to piece together a system that has multi room control (multi sources not that important), but would like room control with keypads in some rooms and others right at the equipment.

Does this make any sense? or am I being unreasonable in what I am looking for?

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dowlingm
Is this system capable of being controlled from one keypad (all rooms)or the front of the unit? I am trying to piece together a system that has multi room control (multi sources not that important), but would like room control with keypads in some rooms and others right at the equipment.

Does this make any sense? or am I being unreasonable in what I am looking for?

Any recommendations?
You have 6 pads. You can tie two keypads per zone if you don't need the 6 zones or want to buy additional pads.

You can (as far as I remember) configure one pad to control the whole system in party mode (same source/volume in all zones).

And each pad can turn off the whole system.

No control on the unit. Only pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.