AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the issues with LCD panels is the refresh rate, which can cause blurring or other artifacts when there is fast motion. Can anyone tell me how well the new lcd's deal with this, such as during action movies etc? How about DLP? Does this technology deal with fast motion well? I think image blurring or combing would distract me much more than screendoor or poor black levels.

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you think motion blur will bother you, than I suggest you demo a unit before buying. I have the 300 and I do find it bothersome, I just try and ignore it.

~ Jay

·
Registered
37 Posts
My .02

I only have 15 hours on my l300 but I still can't figure out what lcd motion blur looks like. I see

plenty of 24 fps film motion blur on pans. Perhaps

because I'm sitting 10' from a small 80" diag screen

it doesn't show up? I guess ignorance is bliss. :)

thanks,

j

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Strangely enough, motion blur can be seen on some DLPs too. I've seen a little motion blur on an HT1000 too, which I think is part of the DLP dither process.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Actually I notice less motion blurring on digital sources than I do at the movie theater. I have no idea why this would be though. Maybe with the larger screen it's just that much more noticeable.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I notice blurring a bit on the watching DVDs on the HS10. But it seems to be only when the camera is panning across a scene; normal action (people/objects moving against a more-or-less stationary background) doesn't show it.

There is a more localized motion effect with some channels on DirecTV viewed on the HS10. For example in a basketball game I have noticed a little 'cloud' of artefacts surrounding each moving player. I assume this to be caused by the compression/decompression of the satellite signal.

Maybe the issue is not the projector, but the source? A DVD also uses compression, so in theory the same could occur, no?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.