AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a sony lcd rpt but was wondering how a PC looks on any of the sets connected through DVI or HDMI. If anybody has done it, are you happy with it? and do you have any pictures??? Thanks.

· Registered
4,942 Posts
I have had my HTPC hooked up to my 60" Sony GWII for a year and a half now. It works great. At least it did work great. My video card is giving me fits right now, may have to replace it. It was connected via DVI, but am connected now via component due to my video card problems.

You will be satisfied with the result.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you liked it. I was worried about the resolution on the set displaying everything at 788. Did the PC screen fit on the tv or did it over/under scan? I'm thinking of GWIV XS which has HDMI inputs. I was going to go DVI->HDMI. I've seen PC pix of the Mits 62725 DLP connected by a VGA port and it looked nice.

· Registered
372 Posts
Do a search on "GWIII" and you will find many members have this set connectsd to an HTPC of some sort and most appear to be very happy with it (including myself)

· Registered
385 Posts
No matter what I try with powerstrip, I can't get any resolutions other than 640x480 and 1280x720 to sync on my GWIV. Maybe Sony changed the IV series so you can't tweak anymore?!?

· Registered
81 Posts
Anyone have any of the 655 sony models hooked up via DVI->HDMI?

I was ready to pick up a 55WF655 when I read somewhere that you can't use it to display 1280x720 res? Has anyone been successful in displaying high res out on the new 2004 Sony models?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.