AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of the inside of a 55xx machine? I've been making cooling fan kits for the other models, and would like to make one for this machine. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You do know that the 5xxx series have fans, right?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'd like to know, too. Is there a big difference between the 5Ks and the 5.5Ks? I heard there were some changes to the mainboard, etc... true?

If it's the same as the 5Ks, drmc, there are some pix floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I'm aware that the 55xxs have a fan, which is temperature-controlled. However, additional cooling wouldn't hurt. So far, I haven't been able to locate a shot of the interior. I'm hoping it's the same as the 50xx machines, with an air vent in the open area on the bottom of the chassis.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Nearly 99% certain they are identical inside... but no, I don't have a picture (or a 5500!)

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
BTW I think one of the stranges changes between rev 5 and 7 is that the USB controller was changed. It's almost like they really planned to support the USB port, but.... not.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks billy... Looks like you da man! :)

Get a shot from the front looking back toward the fan (and other angles if you want to). This will be a good shot for the archives around here.

Mark your post with good keywords so the search will pull it up. Just a thought.

PS: HINT: Of course, you know about the hair dryer trick to getting into the cover without "breaking" the seal, right? :):)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.