AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about picking up the Onkyo s590 since it seems to be highly praised here as a decent htib setup. Its currently betwen this and the s790 but since the setup is just for my bedroom I think the 790 will probably be more than what I need in my bedroom.

I saw some pictures of the 790 hooked up and the speakers looked considerably bigger than most htib systems, anyone have any pictures of the 590 once its all hooked up? Or anymore opinions on my 590 vs 790 dilemna for that matter, or even throw something new in the mix...looking to spend no more than 400

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I don't have any pics but you can download both the manuals at onkyo.com under the downloads link at the top. It'll have all the measurments and specs you need.

The fronts and center in the 790 package are considerably bigger than the 590 and preformance will increase with price. The 790 is a better system all the way around depending on what your looking for. I purchased the 580 which is the previous version of the 590 and if I was going for a nice bedroom surround system that will add nice effects for video and I didn't expect it to shake the house, the 590 would be it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured, the 790 would probably be a bit much in just a bedroom, if it was going in a living room or something it would probably be a much better choice but I already have a receiver + components in the living room

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.